A splash of Bantha milk and a pinch of sugar

Warnings: Fluff, a bit of angy Tech :)

Summary: After finding your Kyber crystal with The Bad Batch, you and Tech make some gadgets together.

You're heading back to the ship after finding your crystal to repair your lightsaber. Tech has his arms wrapped around you as it's freezing outside. You meet the others at the ship and Omega comes running up to you. "It's so pretty!" She says, inspecting the crystal. Echo narrows his eyes at it. He always seems to be skeptical about things. You let each of them look at it, then head into the ship. 

"Where can I work on this?" You ask Tech. "In my workshop." He replies. You giggle. "Workshop?" He nods. "What else did you think?" You follow him into his room and he shows you to a desk. It's neat and organized except for the occasional paper here and there. "Here's this." Tech says, handing you the hilt of your saber. He leaves and you start to take apart the hilt. You can see him peeking behind the door. "What are you doing?" You ask. He blushes. "I wanted to see how you constructed it, but didn't want to be pushy..." You smile. "It's okay. Come here." Not even a minute later, Wrecker and Omega come over. You see all of their eyes light up as you use the Force to pull the hilt apart, letting your damaged Kyber fall on the desk. You grab the crystal and put it in, closing the saber. 

You ignite it, and it shines like your last one. But this time, it's different. Brighter and happier. "Interesting. If I did it, I would've-" Wrecker stops Tech. "Shut up, Tech. Let her use her powers." He says, lightly pushing his head. "I was only saying-" This time you interrupt Tech. "It's okay, Wrecker. I like hearing about it." Tech smiles and Omega leads Wrecker out of Tech's room. "Good job with that, C'yarika." Tech says. Wrecker yells, "Did you just call her-" and runs in. "I was only-" Omega runs in. "Leave them alone Wrecker." She says, pulling Wrecker out of the workshop. 

Later, you walk into Tech's room again. He's working on some sort of gadget. You walk over to him and say, "Can I get a Tech workshop lesson?" He glares at you. "I know you don't even care." You frown. "I do, Tech. If I didn't care about stuff like this I would've caught feelings for Hunter or something." He smiles and gestures for you to come over. "You're sweet, Y/N. Come sit. I'm working on some new droid poppers right now if you want to learn." You nod eagerly and pull up a chair. Parts are scattered across the desk. He points to a circuit board inside the ball. "That's what responds to my coding and my comm-link." Then he grabs a wire. "We put this here, so that it shocks the droids." He reaches for a resistor and knocks a screwdriver off the desk. You both reach down to get it and bump heads. "Sorry." You say. "It's fine. Got it." He says, returning to his work. 

You watch (and help) Tech make a batch of droid poppers and eventually fall asleep on his shoulder. You feel him lift you in his arms and gently set you on the bed, continuing to tinker with his gadgets. When you wake, you see Tech with his head down on the table, snoring. You smile at him and get some caf for the two of you, being careful not to wake Omega. "Did you come out of Tech's room?" Echo asks. "Yes... but it's not, you know... I was helping him with making droid poppers!" You say. "Ah. Sorry." He says, looking embarrassed. "Do you know how Tech likes his caf?" You ask. "A splash of Bantha milk and a pinch of sugar." He says. "So what you're saying is he doesn't drink his coffee straight black like Hunter?" You joke.

You carefully carry the drink into Tech's room. He's mumbling something that sounds like, "Shh, Wrecker. You are going to wake the insects... stop throwing that." You smile and tap him on the shoulder lightly. "Morning." He groggily lifts his head and turns to you. "Oh, good morning." His voice is deeper and his hair is messy. "I made you some caf. Just how you like it." You say. "You didn't have to do that. Thanks." He says, sipping the warm drink. "Did you sleep well?" You say. "I think so." He says. "Why were you up so late?" You ask. "I was working on this." Tech replies, holding out a gadget in his hand. "What is this?" He takes a sip of caf and says, "It will help protect your crystal so your lightsaber lasts longer." You take it and put it into your lightsaber quickly. "Thanks, cheeseball." You say. "Of course, mesh'la. I'm going to make you some caf. How do you want it?" He replies. You pause, then say, "A splash of Bantha milk and a pinch of sugar."