LXXXIV

🗡️🗡️🗡️

Aeri and Hyoseop shooed the other cast members to the side so they wouldn't get hurt and began freeing their daggers from where they'd hidden them under their clothing. They didn't have their quirks right now so it was knives and fists or nothing.

"He still has a cuff on from earlier," Aeri whispered to Hyoseop, her eyes zeroing in on the metal band around his wrist.

"Well that definitely makes things easier, we should think of—" Hyoseop was cut off when zombie Jinyoung suddenly charged at them, apparently still impatient even after dying and coming back to life. Aeri and Hyoseop jumped backwards in time to avoid being scratched or bitten by their brother.

"How did Jinyoung of all people manage to get bitten?" Aeri laughed in disbelief as she dodged another swipe from her oldest brother.

"Maybe he was ambushed?" Hyoseop called as he reached for the keys only to have his arm grabbed by Jinyoung. Aeri distracted Jinyoung with a sharp punch to his side and Hyoseop managed to snatch his arm back as well as the keys.

Hyoseop ran towards the group and tossed them the keys so they could go through and try to unlock themselves whilst Aeri held Jinyoung off, avoiding getting bitten.

Both siblings knew this fight was suspiciously easy and they knew the producers would throw in another twist. Jinyoung would never have let them get the keys that easily, but for now they had to focus on unlocking all the bracelets. Hyoseop rushed back over and began helping, kicking Jinyoung in the stomach when he went for the group fiddling with the keys.

"Mine's off!" Dex yelled before he rushed over to help with the fight. Out of the group, he was probably the best option. He was a soldier before but whilst his quirk was useful in the forces, it was not so helpful in a fistfight with Korea's number 1 hero who was conveniently zombified right now. His quirk allowed him to climb any surface with microscopic hooks that grew all over his palms and the soles of his feet so he could cling to vertical surfaces.

Aeri looked over to the group as Siyoung pulled off the key that unlocked Dex's and set it aside so they wouldn't take as long to free everyone's quirks. "One of them was probably for Heekwan too!" She yelled over to them.

"Aeri go get your cuff unlocked, this will probably take a turn and we'll need at least one of us to have our quirks!" Hyoseop called and Aeri nodded, running over to the rest of the group. Siyoung managed to get Tsuki's cuff off and then tossed the keys to Aeri after taking the used key off.

It took 6 keys to find hers and she let out a small whoop of victory as she rid herself of the too-tight cuff and the key that unlocked it, pressing the remaining ones into Dindin's hand and teleporting back into battle.

"Your turn!" Aeri shoved Dex away before he was grabbed by Jinyoung, nodding towards Hyoseop to go get his cuff unlocked. Jinyoung smirked slightly and then ripped off his cuff with brute strength. "And hurry up about it!" Aeri gasped as Jinyoung teleported.

"Zombies have their quirks?" Hongchul screamed out in fear, flailing his arms about and attracting Jinyoung's attention as he rematerialised behind the older man, eliciting another scream from him.

Aeri rolled her eyes and followed suit, teleporting to Jinyoung and tackling him to the ground sending them both rolling across the cold concrete floor of the parking lot. The grazed knee and rip in her tights went unnoticed by her as the familiar rush of adrenaline coursed through her blood and filled her with excitement.

Even with his quirk, Jinyoung was still supposed to be a zombie so his reflexes were slow and he was sloppy, though he was still strong and Aeri had to avoid his mouth and possibly his nails. She would bet any amount of money that he was frustrated that he couldn't talk or go all out—he was probably annoyed that he had to act as a zombie too. Aeri was surprised he took the role in the first place.

Aeri shoved Jinyoung's head down when he lunged forward to bite her and gave him a grin. She watched the amusement and frustration flash in his eyes before he teleported out from under her to target the people who hadn't had their cuffs removed yet.

Narae screamed and threw her crutch at him in surprise. He caught it and gave her a funny look before running towards her again.

"Oi, she's injured!" Siyoung yelled, dragging her out of reach. Jinyoung didn't react to her words and continued his advance upon the group, reaching out to grasp Jonathan with one hand and Narae with the other.

"Zombies clearly don't discriminate!" Patricia yelled as she ran to the side, almost tripping on a rock.

Aeri and Hyoseop, who was now freed of his cuff, charged at him from opposite directions. Hyoseop dropped down and slide-tackled his legs whilst Aeri jumped up and forced herself against his torso. The combined force of the both of them successfully toppled their older brother over and Aeri stayed on his back, holding him down whilst Hyoseop rushed around trying to find something to restrain their brother.

"Here!" Patricia threw him a length of rope she found along the edge of the parking lot and he ran over to Aeri who was struggling to keep her brother on the ground; he always was physically a lot stronger than her. Aeri grabbed one of the discarded cuffs from the ground and locked it around Jinyoung's wrist, removing his quirk once more. She rolled off in time for Hyoseop to take over and wrap the rope around Jinyoung's torso, locking his arms at his sides and leaving a very pissed-looking zombie on the floor, struggling in his restraints.

"Teamwork." Hyoseop smiled, holding both hands up to his sister. Aeri matched his expression and high-fived him.

"Why are you smiling? Shouldn't you be mourning your brother? He's technically dead!" Dindin yelled and the siblings' smiles dropped. They both looked over to Jinyoung who was doing his best to get up.

"Should we like...keep him as a pet zombie or something?" Aeri asked her brother, trying not to laugh at Jinyoung's poor acting skills.

"We could but that's too dangerous, what if he tries to eat us?"

"Yeah, you're right. Let's just leave him here." Aeri shook her head with a sigh.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"Did you like the surprise?" Jinyoung asked, his voice monotonous. The makeup artist stood at his side shyly, touching up the makeup that had smudged during filming. Apparently, he still had one scene left to film on his own tonight before he could go.

"I thought we were doomed but you're a lot weaker as a zombie." Aeri chided, inconspicuously snapping a picture of him in his zombie get-up.

"They had me come back the day after you signed your contract so I could sign one. I only did it for you. I wouldn't embarrass myself for anyone else." Jinyoung sighed and the makeup artist beside him tried her best not to fawn over the no.1 hero's obvious love for his sister.

"You know this is for Netflix, don't you? You're going to be seen globally..."

"Don't remind me," he said, his nose scrunching slightly. Jinyoung hated not being perfect so purposely having to act sloppy was hard for him.

"You'll just have to show off more on your missions after the show's released." Aeri joked, folding into her brother's arms once the MUA had finished touching up his makeup. Jinyoung nodded and held her to him, careful not to smudge any of the fake blood on her.

🗡️🗡️🗡️