XIX

🗡️🗡️🗡️

Jungwon was groggy but awake when she got to Recovery girl's office, sat up on one of the beds and gulping down water to soothe his dry throat.

"Hey," He said when she walked through the door. She gave him a grim, half-assed smile and moved to sit by his bedside until Recovery Girl finished patching up a second year student. "What's wrong with you? You won and yet you look like you just dropped your ice cream on the floor."

"Bakugou's being a little bitch about losing and I don't think we're friends anymore," She sighed. "How are you feeling? does your head hurt or anything?"

"Good. I don't like Bakugou so maybe it's a good thing that you're not friends. He's mean and doesn't really respect anyone," Jungwon said and Aeri raised a eyebrow. Her brother had never told her about his dislike for the blonde other than the first day they'd met and it had been over a month. "I feel fine. Glad we didn't make a bet though."

Aeri nodded and stood up when Recovery Girl rounded the corner to where Jungwon was laying. She pulled the curtain back and clicked her tongue at the dirt and blood coating Aeri's hands and knees.

"Come on you, let's get those cleaned up."

🗡️🗡️🗡️

The twins linked arms as they made their way to the podiums. Jungwon had won 3rd place joint with Tokoyami and Aeri was glad he still ranked. That meant he would still get the recognition he deserved from the pros.

Aeri was last called to the podium and she flinched angrily when she saw how Bakugou looked on the second place stand. He'd been restrained against a wall made by Cementoss, with his body chained to it and his face muzzled. All might tried to approach her to grant her the first place medal she'd earned, but she slapped his hand away with a glare and hopped down onto the second place podium.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She hissed to the number 1 hero. "He's not a wild animal and yet you have him chained and muzzled like one." Aeri took a dagger out and got closer to Bakugou who she could now see wasn't thrashing about out of anger, but out of distress. He was panicking.

"Keep still for me, I'm gonna take this off." She told him gently, easing her dagger through the small gap between his face and the leather straps that held the metal contraption to his face. He did as he was told, his breathing heavy.

"Young Aeri, you should be careful! You're the one he's angry at!" All Might said, keeping his voice low as he fiddled with the gold medal in his hand.

"He was fine! he walked away without hurting me and you've still done this? What kind of hero are you?" Aeri reprimanded him and he flinched back, his eyes widening an inch.

The first strap snapped with minimal pressure and she removed the muzzle from his face. Bakugou took a few deep breaths, finally being able to breathe properly.

"Are you okay?" She whispered and he nodded, his eyes hardening as if he remembered where he was. "Cementoss!" She yelled and said hero raised his head warily. "Remove this wall right now!" She said sternly. He rolled his eyes but did as she said. The wall crumbled and the chains holding Bakugou to it clattered to the ground, pooling around his feet.

Aeri stepped down from the podium and snatched both the silver and gold medal from All Might without a word before she took Bakugou by the arm and marched off back towards their classroom. They walked silently through the halls and Bakugou didn't try to shake off the hand that still gripped his forearm.

Once she shoved her way through the giant door, she sat Bakugou down at his desk and stood with her hands on her hips. "What was that about?" She frowned.