XXXII

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"Did you get what you needed?" Bakugou asked as Aeri trailed out of the girls' changing rooms in her hero suit. He was waiting for her, leaning up against the wall by the door.

"Kind of?" She said, not really sounding too sure. "I found out who Dalnim is, but still don't know what the Female Moon Legacy is..." She whispered. Bakugou nodded and pushed off the wall, leading her towards the venue where they'd have their exam.

They paused in a hallway when they heard two familiar voices around the corner, glancing at each other before sliding up against the wall to listen in.

"I think we should tell her, she's ignoring all of us and refusing to eat...and you know how stubborn she is, she won't stop until we give her what she wants," Aizawa said, Aeri could tell he was frowning even without looking.

"You know the rules Shota, it's been the same for every successor. She has to figure it out herself and unlock that power over time or else Dalnim won't appear." Jinyoung replied, exasperated. "Force food down her throat if you have to, you can't tell her."

"She thinks we're all lying to her and keeping secrets. Can't we at least just explain without giving too much away?" Hyoseop added. "Or we can take her to see the elders?"

"This would be so much easier if mom was here..." Hyunjin sighed.

"It doesn't help that Jungwon knew. We should've kept it from him too, then maybe he wouldn't have had that little outburst last night and we wouldn't be in this predicament." Jinyoung spat.

"Maybe if your favouritism wasn't so obvious, he wouldn't have gotten jealous. They're twins for fuck sake!" Aizawa hissed.

"You know what happened to the last of us that got Jealous? We had to exile Dohwan from the family so he wouldn't hurt her!" Jinyoung argued, his anger rising. Aeri's eyebrows shot up and she tried her best not to gasp and reveal their position.

Dohwan was exiled? She and Jungwon were told he was on a mission.

"Okay, this is getting heated. We'll fix things with Aeri tonight but for now, we need to get on with this exam. Jinyoung, go easy on her. If she wasn't eaten she'll probably be weaker." Hyoseop attempted to mediate.

"She won't be weaker. The moon is visible today, the clouds aren't covering it. She probably hasn't even questioned why she hasn't been hungry." Jinyoung sighed. "I'm not going easy on her. She's angry so she'll want a real fight."

They began to walk in their direction and Aeri panicked. She grabbed Bakugou and teleported knowing that any of her family members would be able to pinpoint her mist if she blended into the shadows of the hallway.

Bakugou groaned when they landed, bracing a hand on the wall as he tried to blink away his dizziness. "I told you not to fucking do that!"

"I'm sorry, I panicked!" Aeri replied, her voice higher than usual. She began to pace, processing what the fuck she just heard.

It was all too much; they were right she should've just kept her curiosity to herself and minded her own damn business. She was the successor, Dohwan was exiled because of her, Dalnim was real and not some sort of folklore, she was fighting Jinyoung for the exam.

"Calm the fuck down," Bakugou grabbed her shoulders. "I know that was a lot, I'm fucking confused too, but you need to calm down and focus on the exam. You can deal with this later."

"What the fuck is going on!" She buried her face in her hands and tried her best not to cry. She'd only cried in front of Bakugou once before and it was over Iron Man. She wasn't about to let this be the first time she cried over something real in front of him.