X

🗡🗡🗡

Aeri was desperate to leave and go home. She hadn't slept well in days and all she wanted to do was curl up in her bed and sleep until the morning. She'd been looking forward to doing so all day, and since Aizawa had been given permission to leave when the students left, she didn't need to wait until 5 PM like she normally would. She would've been well on her way already if it wasn't for the mob of students blocking the Class 1A door.

"Excuse me," She tried to move past politely but was pushed back by one of the students. She frowned. Bakugou caught her shoulders so she wouldn't stumble and began barking at them to move.

"Class 1A... getting all the attention since day 1. How does it feel to steal the spotlight from the rest of us?" A boy from class 1B jeered. "A villain attack where you could conveniently gain experience and fight real villains? I'm surprised one of you didn't plan it yourselves."

"Yes because we definitely traumatised ourselves on purpose." Jungwon rolled his eyes. "Our dad nearly died."

"Are you two even good enough to be heroes? You probably only got in because your dad works here!" the same boy looked at them judgementally.

Aeri's eye twitched and she grabbed the boy by his collar. She drew her arm back to punch him but Kirishima grabbed her and pulled her back. Whispering a small 'calm down' in her ear. It normally would take more to rile her up but she was just so tired.

"The twins are some of the best in the class," Iida frowned.

"Why should they get to be heroes in Japan anyway? They should go back to Korea where they came from and give someone who actually deserves it a chance to be in the hero course," The boy sneered at them.

Jungwon was the one who snapped that time. Flying at the boy and tackling him to the ground. He threw punches at the boy's face relentlessly and a sickening crack resounded through the room when the boy's nose broke. Even Bakugou looked kind of shocked. "We were born here you piece of shit!"

Todoroki and Midoriya wrestled Jungwon off the boy, pulling him back into the classroom and holding him when he struggled angrily. A few girls helped the blonde boy off the floor, carting him off to the nurse's office whilst he whined and cradled his broken and bloody nose. Class 1A thought that maybe the ordeal was over and they'd finally be allowed to leave but another boy made his way to the front of the crowd. He had purple hair and looked as if he slept once a month.

"You all think you're so much better than everyone just because you're in 1A. Some of us in the general studies course have incredible quirks but we didn't stand a chance in the exam because it was a physical test. If it was fair then we'd be right up here with you." The boy spat angrily and a few people in the crowd nodded.

"And how is that the fault of the students?" Aeri raised an eyebrow. "Maybe you should redirect your anger to the people who designed the test instead of the kids who managed to pass it. You act like you know us because you've built up your own idea that we think we're superior, but you have no idea what most of us have gone through to get here." She walked forward and placed a firm and threatening hand on his shoulder, her golden eyes turning molten yellow with her simmering rage. "It's a noble gesture, this whole thing you're doing... but you're speaking to the wrong people. We have no power. We are just students."

"Yeah, none of us knew what would be in that exam," Kirishima spoke up from behind her. Uraraka nodded along.

"If you really think it's that fucking unfair then you should do something about it instead of complaining in our damn doorway. Now fuck off before I make you." Bakugou growled with crackling palms. A few of the students left, not wanting to be hit or blasted with an explosion but the purple-haired guy remained. as did many others.