LXXXII

italics are Japanese for now since they'll be speaking in Korean for most of this chapter.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

The boys died. Just as Aeri and Hyoseop had warned. They were bitten by the zombies Hyoseop had spotted after they all awakened and began attacking. Now two more zombies would be added to the group prowling the supermarket which would increase how hard it would be to get their supplies.

Filming was paused for an hour after that since the makeup artists had to work their magic on the two college boys so they would look like zombies.

The producers handed Aeri her phone and she immediately put distance between herself and the other cast members, trailing behind the tents so she could call Bakugou who'd apparently been spamming her phone with texts since they started filming earlier that day, telling her about random things like how his mom hit him over the head with a wooden spoon after he let off an explosion in the house and how he was being forced to wear the 'ugly ass' Christmas jumper his grandma knitted him because she was visiting that day. Aeri chuckled at the messages on her screen and pressed his contact, clicking the Facetime button.

He answered surprisingly fast considering it was almost 10 PM and Aeri greeted him as he clicked on the lamp by his bedside. "I have 15 minutes before they notice I snuck away." She warned, peeking her head around the corner of the tent to see them all chatting and laughing around the refreshments table.

"How was your day?" She asked him, smiling at his tired expression staring back at her through the phone screen. "Did your grandma like your sweater?" She joked to which Bakugou scoffed.

"She didn't fuckin' notice, she's as blind as a bat so I wore it for no damn reason," Bakugou grumbled adjusting the phone in his grip. Aeri laughed.

"How's filming? Do the zombies look real?"

"They do, it's so strange. I can't show you though," Aeri said, recalling how the actors looked with the special effects makeup and the contacts. "They even mastered how to move like zombies."

Bakugo scoffed once again. "You get to play with fuckin' zombies but I'm stuck scrubbin' old lady saliva off my damn face."

"She's your grandma Katsuki," Aeri clicked her tongue.

"Doesn't mean she has to kiss my damn cheeks every time she sees me."

"Aeri!" Hyoseop called and said girl popped her head around the corner. "Are you talking to Bakugou? You should come and eat while you still can, you'll need the energy!" He continued and a few of the older cast members agreed, shouting for her to come join them.

"I want to talk about your missions in Japan!" Tsuki yelled, already fangirling.

"Go. I'm going to sleep anyway." Bakugou said and Aeri frowned at the phone.

"We only spoke for 5 minutes, I promised you 15."

"Don't worry 'bout it. Just text me when you have breaks and I'll answer them in the mornin', I love you." Bakugou yawned and Aeri could tell it wasn't just an excuse to get her to join the others, he genuinely was tired from socialising all day.

"Okay babe, I love you too." She said quietly, not wanting Hyoseop, who was approaching, to hear her say it. He'd make a big deal of it and she didn't want him to embarrass her in front of the cast. They'd probably make a fuss about how she was too young to be in a relationship.

"Bye," Bakugou said before he ended the call. Aeri sighed and skipped out from behind the tent, slipping her phone into her pocket and pulling her earmuffs up to cover her cold, red ears. Aeri linked her arm through Hyoseop's and he led her back to the table.