XXVIII

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"Took you guys long enough," Jungwon scolded jokingly as the twins answered the door, Aeri beckoned them in and up the stairs to her room, making sure to not bother Jinyoung and Hyoseop who were doing paperwork at the dining room table. They still hadn't told the twins why exactly they were in Japan yet so Aeri assumed they were doing some work to finalise some things around the company Jinyoung bought.

"We accidentally got the train in the opposite direction," Sero explained bashfully as they rushed into Aeri's bedroom.

Jirou hummed and gave the twins her excuse quietly. "There was a crash on the highway so we got stuck in traffic."

"Well, you're here now," Aeri said, patting Jirou on the shoulder as they all got settled in different spaces around Aeri's room. Kirishima and Jungwon remained on Aeri's bed, now sat cross-legged as they pulled out their workbooks to study from. Sero sat at Aeri's now cleared desk, the books stacked beside it, Jirou sat at the vanity with her Japanese book set out in front of her and Bakugou, Aeri, Mina and Kaminari sat on the floor at the foot of the bed since Kaminari and Mina were the ones who claimed they needed to most help.

"How did you manage to get all of the questions wrong when I gave you the fucking formula? All you needed to do was type the numbers into the calculator!" Bakugou yelled, throwing Kaminari's psychics book back to him, red crosses next to all of the answers.

"I think I got the numbers mixed around..." Kaminari replied, embarrassed. He wasn't very good with anything that had to do with mathematics so physics was a huge 'no' for him.

"Kami, do you know what the symbols mean?" Aeri asked gently, she leaned forward and picked up the workbook from where it had landed in Kaminari's lap and skimmed over his answers. By the looks of things, he'd completely mismatched the symbols and letters right from the start of his calculations.

Kaminari flushed red. "I know the ones for mass, velocity and frequency but I can never remember the rest..."

"Those are just fucking letters! They're the easiest ones to remember!" Bakugou ran his palm down his face out of sheer frustration. This is exactly why he only wanted to study with Aeri. Aeri was smart enough to keep up with him so he wouldn't get angry at her.

"Don't shout at him, he's already embarrassed," Aeri whispered from beside Bakugou. She flipped to a blank page in her notebook and began drawing the symbols for him.

"A lot of them are easy to remember since they're just the first left of the word. Like 'P' is power or momentum, the normal 'a' is for acceleration but the 'a' that kind of looks like a fish is alpha because it's a Greek letter." She began to explain all the symbols and formulas to him in detail with the drawings so he could have a visual aid, Mina stopped with her own equations and listened in too for some extra help. Once she was done, Aeri ripped out the page and slid it towards Kaminari.

"Right, so this equation..." he paused to point to the one he was about to tackle. "The formula would be a=Δ(delta)v÷t... because you have to divide the change in velocity with the time taken to get the acceleration?" Kaminari looked at her expectantly, wanting to know if he was correct before he typed it into his calculator.

"Yeah!" Aeri smiled brightly and Kaminari matched it, holding his hand out for a high five to which she happily obliged.

"Oh my god, I can't believe I just understood physics!" He laughed excitedly, scribbling down the answer he got from his calculator and practically shoving the workbook into Aeri's face so she could grade it. She glanced at her own answer and smiled, giving his work a tick with her green gel pen when she saw their answers matched.