XX

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"I'm sorry about how I treated you, both in the hallway and on the battlefield." Shinsou panted as he sat slumped over on the grass, gulping down half a water bottle.

Aeri was sat cross-legged beside him, waiting out the break Shinsou required. They watched Jungwon and Hyunjin brawl relentlessly. "Don't worry about it. I did my fair share of taunting."

Shinsou remained silent for a heartbeat. "Yeah, I guess you did... but I judged you before I even knew who you were because I was jealous you were in the hero course, but now seeing how hard you guys train, I know I judged you wrongfully." He explained awkwardly.

"I don't know what went down in the general entrance exam but I'm guessing it was different to the recommendations because we didn't have any giant robots." Aeri laughed. "I agree that it's unfair that UA favoured physical quirks with that exam, but taking your anger out on the students won't change a thing. Get angry at the heroes who designed the exam." She told him the same thing as she told him in the hallway.

"Now get up. That's enough sitting, let's get training!"

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"Bakugou!" Aeri called across the hallway of UA. It was their first day back after their small break. Bakugou paused and reluctantly turned around, waiting for his friend to catch up to him.

"Where's the other half of you?" He joked dryly as they began to walk side by side, something he didn't usually allow of people.

"Jungwon ran off with Kirishima somewhere." She smiled at him. "Guess what we're doing today?" She told him excitedly.

Bakugou sighed. "What?" He glanced at her out of the corner of his eye.

Aeri looked around to ensure no one was near them. "We get to choose our hero names!" She whispered. Bakugou looked uninterested. "Aren't you excited?"

"No, it's just a shitty name." He replied.

"Yeah, a shitty name that you'll be known as throughout your entire hero career, this is serious." Aeri rolled her eyes at his nonchalance. They walked through the classroom door and their friends greeted them with a series of 'hello's'. "Don't talk about it too loud, dad said it was meant to be a surprise."

"Why'd you tell me if it's a surprise?" Bakugou raised an eyebrow.

"Thought you'd need some extra time to think of a decent name," She laughed when he scowled, his hands crackling and she moved to sit at her desk.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"Quiet down all of you," Aizawa commanded, standing at the front of the room. "In homeroom today, we will be doing Hero Informatics. You'll be able to pick your hero names—" He didn't get to finish as the class erupted into cheers. He slammed his fist on the stand and the students sat back down.

"You'll be able to pick your names, but first I will hand out the offers you got from heroes to be an apprentice at their companies." He began writing something on the blackboard behind him. The amount of offers each student had was written down but the top four really stood out against the rest, having thousands more than the other students.

Aeri- 4379

Todoroki- 4123

Bakugou- 3556

Jungwon- 3784

"Hang on, Todoroki got knocked out in the quarter-finals and he got more than Bakugou and Jungwon?" Kaminari screeched. Bakugou turned to glare at him.

"You will have the chance to go through your offers later but for now, I'll give you all a whiteboard. You have until the end of homeroom to think of a name and then you can present them to the class at the end."

Aeri already knew her hero name; she'd known it for years. As did Jungwon. The topic of their hero names had been something they'd discussed regularly since they were children. There was definitely a theme in their family and they planned to follow in their elders' footsteps.

She received her whiteboard with a smile and started writing instantly; one word in Korean and then the Japanese and English translations under it.

Mangryeong.

Wraith.

She leaned back in her chair and watched her classmates struggle over their names, tapping the pens against their temples and writing things down only to erase them again. She made eye contact with her brother across from her who gave her a cheesy grin and held up his board for her to see.

Gwisin.

Ghost.

Aeri returned the gesture and he gave her a thumbs up. They'd both chosen the names they'd been set on since childhood. They both planned their names to be similar since they were twins, they wanted to be associated with each other by the public that way, not just as members of the Moon lineage.

Time passed slowly as they waited for everyone else to choose their names. The twins were eager to make it official but 45 minutes had ticked by and only half the class had decided what to call themselves. Bakugou in particular looked to be struggling a lot, his hand writing furiously only to erase it again. He finally settled on something 10 minutes later—or he gave up trying to think of new ideas—and Aizawa called for time up a few minutes later.

"Who would like to present first?" Aizawa asked tiredly. The twins hands shot up eagerly, as did a few others, like Midoriya and Uraraka. "Midoriya, get up here."

The green-haired boy walked to the front. For once he didn't really look nervous. "My hero name is Deku." He flipped his white board around. Bakugou didn't seem too happy and Aeri could hear the slight popping of explosions coming from his hands.

After a round of applause, Deku went back to his seat and the twins were called up together. They rushed forward with bright smiles and flipped their whiteboards together.

"mine is Gwisin. It means ghost." Jungwon told the class.

"Mangryeong. It means wraith."

The twins high fived happily and teleported to their seats without waiting for anyone to clap or ask them questions. They were just happy to make it official. They watched with interest as the rest of their classmates presented.

There were some that were genuinely good and catchy like Uravity, Red Riot and Creati. Then there were some who used their actual names like Shoto, or some people who chose downright ridiculous names, like Cant Stop Twinkling.

Nothing would be more amusing to Aeri than when Bakugou thundered up to the front of the classroom and presented his name. "King Explosion Murder God!" He yelled. Everyone looked at him baffled but Aeri burst out laughing.

"Absolutely not." Aizawa interrupted. "Choose another one."

🗡️🗡️🗡️

just in case anyone is getting confused with all the Hero names of the Moon family, here are the ones that have been introduced so far:

망령 or Mangryeong- Wraith (Aeri)
귀신 or Gwisin- Ghost (Jungwon)
암살자 or Amsalja- Assassin (Their mother, Yeri)
검투사 or Geomtusa- Gladiator (Jinyoung)
결투사 or Gyeoltusa- Duellist (Hyoseop)