LXXVII

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"Todoroki!" Aeri pounded her fist on the dual-haired boy's door relentlessly, almost punching him in the face when he finally opened it.

"Is everything okay?"

Aeri didn't reply, instead, she grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the stairs, skipping the elevator and deciding that sprinting down two flights of stairs would be faster. She pulled him into the empty common room and made him sit in front of the TV, switching the channel to the news.

His father was fighting a nomu with Hawks, and he didn't look like he was in good shape. Aeri flicked her gaze from the screen to Todoroki when the boy inhaled sharply, his eyes following Endeavour as he grabbed the Nomu and flew up into the sky in a great ball of fire.

Aeri sat with him in silence until it was over and despite Todoroki's hatred for his dad, Aeri didn't miss the relieved sigh from the dual-haired boy's lips when Endeavour survived the fight.

"Thank you for letting me know." He said formally as Aeri turned the TV off. He reached into his pocket for his phone and began to text someone—probably his siblings—so Aeri walked to the kitchen where Jungwon was making ramen.

"Where's your guard dog?" Jungwon joked, pouring the seasoning packet into the pot.

"Patrolling again," Aeri replied, cutting up the enoki mushrooms that he'd set out to add to his ramen.

"We made the wrong decision when we picked out internships. We can only patrol when Jinyoung and Hyoseop are in Japan, and since the Shie Hassaikai raid they haven't been back," Jungwon grumbled. "I want to patrol too!" He whined, adding a hard-boiled egg and the mushrooms to the pot.

"Jinyoung has to take it easy and Hyoseop is on the set of some reality show right now, they'll be back when they have time." Aeri sighed. She was itching to do some hero work too.

"Do you think when we go to Korea for Christmas break we'll be able to patrol while we're there?"

"Maybe, I hope so," Aeri said. "I'm gonna go see Dad. See you later."

"Okay!" He called after her as she walked out of the kitchen. Aeri teleported up to her room and grabbed Nari from the bed, deciding that the ragdoll would probably enjoy some time socialising with the other cats, before she made her way to the elevator, not wanting to teleport with the cat since she didn't want her to feel nauseous.

She knocked on her dad's door twice, opening it when he grunted at her to come in. She placed Nari on the ground and smiled when she meowed and ran straight to Yami and Makkuro, jumping on them and grooming them excitedly.

"What do you need?" Her dad asked from his desk.

"Nothing, I only see you in class so I miss you," Aeri rolled her eyes, peering over Aizawa's shoulder to see what he was working on. "The teachers finally know about the traitor? I've been waiting to tell you about this for months!" She ran over to his small kitchen and grabbed a chair from the dining table, bringing it back over to the desk and setting it beside her father's.

"What do you mean? You knew?"

"I was the one who opened the investigation with Nezu, I wasn't allowed to tell anyone except Jinyoung so he could question Dohwan," Aeri explained, huffing as if it was hard to keep that secret.

"So you know it's a student then?" He sighed, massaging his temples.

"I always was from the start, the villains confirmed it when Bakugou was kidnapped. Nezu said he wanted to investigate the teachers first though but it seems they're all in the clear." Aeri began rambling.