XXVI

🗡️🗡️🗡️

Aeri walked into the classroom slowly the next day, partly recovered but still very pale and weak. If it were up to her dad, she'd still be home in bed but he was announcing something important today and she needed to be there. She dropped down onto her seat without a word to any of her friends. Jungwon perched on her desk silently to keep an eye on her.

"You're back," Bakugou said, stopping by her desk. Aeri nodded and smiled weakly. "You don't look any fucking better, why are you here?" He scolded her.

"Why are you angry? You wanted me to come in." Aeri pouted, feeling rather sensitive today. Jungwon gave Bakugou a warning look.

"I wanted you to come in when you're better, not when you look like you just crawled out of a grave." He made his voice slightly softer. Aeri waved him off.

"Apparently there's some announcement today." She said, closing her eyes and resting her head on her arm.

"Sit down everyone," Aizawa called tiredly as he entered the classroom, dragging his sleeping bag behind him. The class obeyed and wandered to their assigned seats quietly, waiting for the teacher to continue.

"Midterms will be held in two weeks. You'll have exams in all your written subjects as well as a special practical exam designed for the hero course. Use the time between now and then wisely to study and train. If you fail, you'll have to sit retake exams during the training camp."

"What's the training camp?" Mina raised her hand.

"It's a week-long class trip for the hero courses where you'll be training all day every day for a week straight to help build your quirks. If you fail your exams, you'll be stuck with me in a classroom instead of doing recreational activities with your peers." Aizawa explained, the class bustled with excitement but the twins were filled with dread.

They hated camping almost as much as they hated sleepovers—and this school trip had both.

"Now go get changed, you'll be quirk training for the rest of homeroom and next period."

The class stood up, grabbing bags and chatting amongst themselves as they rushed off to the changing rooms. Aeri followed sluggishly but her dad caught her arm gently. "Not you. You're going to recovery girl and staying there for the rest of the day."

Aeri didn't bother fighting him on that and switched directions, heading to the nurse's office so she could sleep off the dregs of sickness that still ran rampant in her body. Luckily, her fever had gone down last night but she had to be careful and take care of herself properly so it didn't come back.

Recovery Girl welcomed her in with open arms, fussing over her as she ushered her over to a hospital bed in the corner of the room so she could rest. For good measure, Recovery Girl pressed a wet kiss to Aeri's forehead to speed up the healing process and she drifted into a dreamless sleep.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

She woke with a frightened yelp hours later when she felt herself getting lifted off of the bed.

"Just me, go back to sleep," Aizawa said softly, cradling his daughter in his arms, he had one arm hooked under her knees and the other holding up her upper body.

Aeri rested her head on her father's shoulder calming down after she heard his voice and realised she was not, in fact, being kidnapped. Her eyelids fluttered closed once more. "Time to go home?" she mumbled, snuggling further into her father's familiar warmth. He hummed in confirmation and began to walk down UA's empty hallway. Aeri was lulled to sleep by the sound of her father's boots hitting the floor and the comforting smell of his cologne.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

After sleeping for 20 out of 24 hours yesterday, Aeri was finally fully recovered. No more weakness, no more pounding headaches and no more fever. Aeri almost jumped for joy when she woke up in the morning feeling completely healthy.

She was smiley again as she and Jungwon walked into the classroom, greeting her friends and chatting happily. She skipped over to Bakugou after finishing her conversation with Mina and Jirou. She smiled at him as she approached his desk and he did his best with smiling back, though it looked more like a grimace.

"I'm back and all better, as promised." She said, perching on the edge of his desk. Bakugou nodded.

"Clearly." He replied. "We're studying together for these tests." He told her, not asking her if she could.

"Fine by me." She smiled, unfazed by his demand. "My house or yours?"

"Definitely yours." Bakugou grimaced for real this time, the thought of his mom telling Aeri all his embarrassing stories flooding his brain.

"Okay, we'll train as usual and then go to mine after to study." She reached forward and ruffled his hair.

"Bakugou!" Kaminari whined. "You refused to study with us but you'll study with Aeri?"

"You're too stupid...and fucking annoying" Bakugou scowled.

"But it's at Aeri's house, it's not up to you," Kaminari said smugly, crossing his arms. He looked to Aeri with pleading eyes. Kirishima, Sero and Mina joined and began begging to let them join. Aeri panicked at looked at Bakugou who was shaking his head vehemently.

"Of course, you can come over to study. Why didn't you just ask me?" Jungwon said, joining the group and dragging Jirou over with him. "I'll ask my dad and you can come over this weekend." He continued. Bakugou groaned, Aeri looked at him awkwardly.

The group began to celebrate and high-five. Kaminari even went as far as to clomp Jungwon into a bear hug to thank him, mumbling about how he was finally going to pass.

"Sorry," Aeri leaned forward to whisper to Bakugou.

"Not your fucking fault." He grumbled back.

"Don't worry, we're studying every night, they're just joining this weekend so you only have to put up with them for a couple of days." She said, patting him on the shoulder twice before she walked behind him and took a seat at her own desk just as her dad walked in.

She'd have to talk to him later about having Bakugou over every evening for the next two weeks but he probably wouldn't mind. He never really had any qualms over them bringing friends over—not that the twins ever really did. But Hyunjin went through a phase where he'd bring a new friend over at least three times a week. and even now, his boyfriend spent a lot of time at their house so Aeri knew her dad wouldn't mind.

🗡️🗡️🗡️