XLI

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"Aeri!" Her friends yelled when she walked into the doors of the dorms. She and Jungwon were moving in a day later than them since Aeri was still asleep when they all had their home visits and they needed confirmation to be able to move the cats in with them since Aizawa had to live in the dorms too, and they weren't willing to put them in a shelter or give them up for adoption. Aeri won that battle with Principal Nezu by playing the mental health card.

Nari mewed in her cat carrier at all the new faces, she was a very social cat and wanted to get out so she could greet everyone.

Mina and Uraraka rushed forward first, grabbing her in a tight hug and welcoming her to the dorms. They'd only found out that morning when they went to the hospital that Aeri was awake and discharged and they immediately started spamming her phone, scolding her for forgetting to tell them. She gave each of her classmates a hug (except Mineta) before she started to bring her things up to the room she'd been assigned to. A few of the boys helped her, which she was eternally grateful for, it would take her ages to go up and down the elevator one box at a time.

"Do you want help decorating? I love painting walls," Uraraka offered as the last boxes were deposited at Aeri's door. Momo and Mina nodded along, eager to help.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course we're sure! It'll be so much faster with us three helping you!" Momo clapped her hands together, grabbing the pots of olive green paint Aeri had picked up at the department store. She eyed the single roller Aeri had brought and began to use her quirk to create a few more, handing them out to the girls.

"I love you guys," Aeri cooed, pressing a kiss to each of their cheeks before they got to work. Nari had been kidnapped by Kirishima who'd taken an instant liking to her, so Aeri didn't have to worry about her getting in the way or covered in paint.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"The paint dried surprisingly fast," Aeri said, huffing as she plopped herself down on the plastic-covered hardwood floor. "I thought it would take at least two hours for both coats to dry."

"The ventilation in these dorms is amazing." Momo agreed wiping a bit of paint off her forearm. "I did three coats in my room and had the furniture up against the walls an hour later."

"What do you have in all of those boxes? I think you and Jungwon brought the most stuff out of everyone." Uraraka asked, peering out of the open door at the stacked boxes.

"Those four are clothes, that one is shoes and the rest is makeup, skincare, toiletries, books, school stuff, jewellery, room decor and my daggers," Aeri explained, pointing to each box.

"You brought four boxes of clothes? How are you gonna fit them all in here?" Uraraka asked, dumbfounded.

"Four boxes doesn't even make a dent in Aeri's closet... You guys haven't seen it in person but her closet is about the size of this room if not bigger." Mina boasted, waving her hands about as she started talking about Aeri's room at home.

Aeri waved her off, embarrassed. She knew she seemed like a spoilt rich kid with the amount of things she owned and her expensive taste but she didn't want her friends to think that of her. "I just brought a lot of my summer clothes, the winter stuff and the stuff I don't wear as often stayed at home."

She began to reseal the paint pots and deposited the used paintbrushes and rollers onto one tray as she set about pulling up the plastic covering her floor. The girls jumped in to help her and then they began to set up the bed, desk and drawers.