XLIII

🗡️🗡️🗡️

Disclaimer: Dalnim is really believed to be the goddess of the moon in Korea, however, her backstory, power and appearance in this fanfic are made up by me to fit the plot. There is some truth to the mythology I will be including which will be shown at the end of the chapter.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

Aeri awoke with an annoyed whine, the shrill sound of her ringtone echoing throughout her otherwise silent bedroom. She's planned to enjoy a quiet weekend back in her own home after spending all week living with her rowdy classmates, but clearly, Jinyoung had other ideas.

"Why are you calling me at 6 AM on a Saturday morning?" Aeri answered the phone, her voice husky with sleep.

"Get outside. You wanted me to teach you about the family history so we're going to the company. You have ten minutes, we'll get breakfast on the way." He ended the call without waiting for an answer.

Aeri groaned and threw herself out of bed, accidentally hitting Nari with her comforter in the process. The cat meowed angrily and plodded over to the warm spot where Aeri had been resting all night. Said girl put on the first outfit she laid eyes on when she walked into her closet, a black two-piece YSL pinstripe suit and a white blouse. She smoothed out her skirt and shoved her feet into her Louboutins before running to her bathroom to quickly brush her teeth and wash the sleep from her eyes. Aeri checked the time and swore, running to the vanity to apply light makeup and put a brush through her hair.

She opted to teleport out of the house to save time and then jogged over to Jinyoung's black Audi R8, climbing into the passenger seat.

"10 minutes exactly, I'm impressed." Jinyoung nodded approvingly before starting the car and pulling away from the front of the house.

"Why at 6 AM? Why not 9 AM?" Aeri puffed, slumping back in her seat and closing her eyes tiredly.

"I have things to do today, I'm only free until 11 AM and two hours definitely isn't enough to teach you everything," Jinyoung told her, eyes forward.

"Aren't you meant to be in Korea until next week?"

Jinyoung hummed. "You have too much going on at the end of this month so I pushed our meeting forward and moved some events around so I could be here sooner. You need your ultimate move as soon as possible."

"For what? The moon ceremony? That's just fighting with daggers... I don't need my ultimate move for that." Aeri said, confused.

"The UA hero course will be taking their provisional license exams this month. Your dad was planning on telling you all on Monday but I've been given permission by him to tell you early since you have a lot more on your plate than your classmates." Jinyoung admitted as he pulled into the Starbucks drive-thru moments later, not even needing to ask her for her order since he'd gotten it for her so many times.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

Aeri sipped on her iced latte, spinning on Jinyoung's desk chair as he prepared his lesson on Dalnim. She wondered if Dalnim could hear the lesson Jinyoung would give her or if she was watching, though it wasn't likely. Her story was probably shared millions of times and she couldn't be there to listen to it all the time. Her brother pulled a book off his shelf and shooed her away from his chair. Aeri rolled her eyes and sat on the one opposite.

"We'll start with her origin story," Jinyoung cleared his throat. He took a sip of his iced americano and then started to tell the story from memory.