V

Askel had apparated back to his childhood home

Askel had apparated back to his childhood home. He prayed that his mother was not home. He knew that she was most likely either at the Ministry of Magic or the Malfoy's house, considering Voldemort spent most of his time there now.

But of course, luck was no longer on his side and he ran straight into the one person he didn't want to.

"So you've managed to escape the clutches of the blood traitors," his mother sneered when she caught sight of him

Askel sighed as Froot hissed at her from his shoulder. He caught sight of his father turning the corner.

"Askel," he sighed in relief

Charlie came hurrying down the hall and pulled his son in a hug.

"I was so worried," he said

Askel didn't hug him back. He just stood there awkwardly. 

"Stop babying him, Charlie!" Anne snapped, "he's turned weak."

Askel pushed his father away and made a move to walk upstairs when his mother grabbed him by his upper arm.

"Your presence is needed in the dining room," she hissed

Askel flinched.

"Fine," he sighed

He placed Froot down.

"Go upstairs," he said to him

He made his way to the dining hall behind his parents. He already knew who was waiting for him there.

When the oak doors opened he was surprised that there were no death eaters, only Voldemort standing there.

"Askel..." he hissed, "you have returned."

With a burst of confidence, Askel stood up straight. He wasn't going to be bullied today.

"Yes my lord," he said as he looked to the side, "they... they couldn't break my spirit."

Voldemort didn't look convinced and to be honest Askel himself didn't sound convinced.

"I've heard rumors Askel..."

"Rumors my lord?"

"That you've been conflicted on your beliefs? That the Potter boy holds affection for you..." he started

Askel's face began to change.

"That you hold feelings back for him..."

Anne made a protesting noise but fell quiet when Voldemort shot her a look.

"All lies my lord," Askel said but even he sounded unconvinced

"Nevertheless..." he said, "it seems you need to be where I can watch you."

Askel stared at him confused.

"You will report to Hogwarts at once," Voldemort stated, "You will assist Severus in whatever he needs, and if I call for you... for anything... You will answer... Do you understand?"