III

Askel sat next to Hayes and Jay during dinner

Askel sat next to Hayes and Jay during dinner. He was trying his best to eat the stew in front of him. For the sake of everyone to stop looking at him. He was curled up in his chair picking at it with no enthusiasm.

Everyone was chatting in excitement because Harry had come back from his trial with all the charges dropped. Harry kept trying to catch Askel's eyes but he was busy listening to Hayes talk about his recent run-in with a vampire near Scotland. Harry frowned and was saddened when he realized how miserable Askel was being here. And it was all his fault.

Suddenly there was a commotion outside the room and everyone turned. Opi's head popped in with a faint grin and he motioned for Jay to come to him. Jay smiled and flitted after his brother and Askel watched his movements with a small frown.

Harry was even more miserable when he saw Askel's eyes follow Jay out the door. The jealous beast roared inside his chest. Begging him to do something drastic to get Askel's attention. Askel suddenly turned and connected his eyes with Harry. Harry suddenly blushed and gave him a small smile. Askel's eyebrows rose and then Hayes called his name and he turned to him once more.

Harry sighed and his shoulders dropped with defeat. He wanted to get to know Askel why he stayed in the Order of the Phoenix headquarters. But over the past few days he's been here Askel avoided him and stayed in his room for the majority of the room till either Hayes or Opi dragged him down for meals.

Most of the orders did not trust Askel and he never attended meetings unless they needed his input on something. Sirius was trying his best to be "nicer" to Askel per Harry's request. He begrudgingly accepted after hearing Harry explain how much Askel saved him over the years.

So no comments, no side remarks, no physical altercations. And Harry hoped his godfather would keep that promise when he and the rest left for Hogwarts.

Suddenly a gloomy feeling exploded across Harry's chest.

This year he wouldn't have Askel around. Helping him, annoying him, or threatening to kill him 24/7. He dropped his head and wished life was simpler.

Everyone at the table jumped when the door banged open and Opi walked back, the grin still on his face. He looked exhausted. Like he was about to fall over.

Askel tensed when he saw Jay walk in, babbling his heart out. He was wrapped around two people taller than him. Askel recognized them as his two oldest brothers, Ky and Aj. They were smiling and nodding to every word Jay was saying.

Everyone got up to meet the new people, except Askel who stayed seated so he wouldn't start any drama.

"Everyone these are my older brothers Ky and Aj!" Opi introduced, "they have agreed to join the Order!"

Shouts and murmurs of excitement went around as everyone shook their hands. Askel could see why. The Lees were an extremely powerful family. And Aj, Ky, and Opi were all skilled wizards. So to have all three of them be a part of the Order was a big deal.