IV

"I don't want to go," Askel cried

He stomped his foot in protest which Dumbledore found amusing.

"As always you continue to act like a child," he sighed, "you must go to this party. I need you to keep an eye on Harry."

"Why?" Askel snarled, "the boy can take care of himself."

"He trusts you Askel," Dumbledore said as he stood up, "in reasons many don't understand."

"Do you?" Askel challenged

"The young man is very fond of you,"

"I've noticed," he sneered

"Which means he has a lot of faith in you. And he'd be quite excited to see you. Just make sure he's not doing anything foolish,"

"Foolish is his middle name,"

"It's James,"

Askel almost threw his shoe at the headmaster's head.

**

Askel put on his light soft blue robes. He began brushing his hair and humming to himself. Froot lay on his bed, chewing on his foot. Askel spent way too much time focusing on his hair when his whole demeanor froze as he looked down at his desk. A picture lay there. A picture he didn't know he even had.

It was him, Jay, and Chul. All standing. All smiling. Young as could be. Chul had just turned 12 and Jay and Askel were on the cusp of turning 14. Yet they all stood side by side. Arms around each other, giggling, and all very innocent.

Now Chul was dead, Askel was a brutal death eater, and Jay couldn't even remember any of them.

And it was all Askel's fault.

**

Askel opened the door to Slughorn's private study slowly

Askel opened the door to Slughorn's private study slowly. He saw a gaggle of people sitting around a gigantic table. All eating mounds of ice cream.

"Ah, Askel, um come in, come in," Horace said hesitantly

"Look, at his eyes. He's been crying again," Hermione whispered into Harry's ear

"Apologies, I'm not usually late," Askel said in a bored tone as he went to sit next to Neville.

"No matter, just in time for dessert. That is if Belby has left you any," Horace sniggered

Abruptly Harry stood up. He was staring straight at Askel with a slight pinkness on his cheeks. He then sat back down after Askel gave him a weird look.