Sitara and Ruhanika were taken aback and shocked as the couple offered an affectionate smile to Aruna and stepped up, touching her feet to get the blessings. After this ritual was completed, it was time for "Satya-Narayan Katha." Dev understood the hint from Aruna. He headed upstairs right away.

Priests arrived at the appointed hour with all the necessary materials for deity worship. He then took a seat, and others soon after. Since it was the first pooja in the home, the priest advised using the newlyweds hands to perform it.

The sisters waited for any orders from Aruna before acting on them. When Dev arrived, he and Sitara approached the area set aside for them and took a seat. When they didn't see Yug, people began to talk among themselves.

"Look, didn't I told you."

"Yes, he didn't come."

"You are right."

"Poor Yug, fate is very cruel to him."

"Correct."

"It was just few years back."

"He was so happy."

"Yes, but now..."

"After all who can forget-"

While another woman was speaking, they spotted someone coming downstairs. It was Yug, who was wearing the exact same colored pine-green kurta that matched Ruhanika's attire. It shut everyone up. Even Ruhanika was shocked by him. The muttering and grumbling came to an end. It shares the same pattern as Dev's kurta.

Dev had previously seen Ruhanika dressed for the event when he was on the rush to get clothes, so when he went shopping for himself and Sitara, he also had the thought to outfit his younger brother to match his wife. A brother like Dev is a blessing for Yug.

Ruhanika followed behind Yug and sat next to him as he occupied the vacant seat next to Dev with a stern frown on his face. The priest began the pooja and instructed the couples to carry out a few rites, which they did. One couple was doing it jubilantly while the other one, particularly Ruhanika, was in upheaval. Ruhanika had to touch his hand each time they had to sacrifice something to the sacred fire, and each time she did, Yug would stare at her. She was forced to ignore his glaring, dagger-wielding eyes.

By the grace of God, the pooja went quite smoothly, and Aruna, Ruhanika, and Sitara gave out the prashad to everyone.

Aruna noticed a woman as she approached to receive prashad. Aruna mockingly questioned while sporting a lovely smile, "To Shusheela, batao kaisi lagi meri Bahuye." Aruna enquired in a voice full with pride, which made the sister grin.
(So Shusheela, tell me did you like my daughters-in-law?)

The woman named Shusheela twisted her lips in dissatisfaction but she stated the truth since she didn't have an alternative, "Bahut sundar hai dono."
(Both are very beautiful.)

Aruna was acquainted with Shusheela. She was the leader of the neighborhood gossip squad, and she and a few of her ladies enjoyed peeping inside the houses of other people. She was known as "mohalle ki chugalkhor aunty" in desi language. Jisko apne ghar se jayada dusre ke ghar me interest hota hai.
(The one who is more interested in other's house than his own.)

Ruhanika and Sitara weren't so blind that they didn't notice how the woman seemed. Still, the pair smiled tightly as they passed Shusheela and gave her the prashad.

Shusheela turned her head to face the pair, a devilish glimmer in her eyes. Aruna realized this and nudged Ruhanika, who also observed, and she sent Sitara inside to bring something, who obliged.