"i hope so." he pouted, looking down at his lukewarm teacup of green tea. he only had ten minutes of his break left and so far, there was no sign of the artist. "he didn't answer the text i sent."

jimin snorted, throwing his arm over his friend's shoulder, grinning ear to ear as he leaned himself against the younger.

"cheer up, kooks. i'm sure mr artist will turn up soon." he consoled. "according to your google, he's a busy man... why don't you try to text him again?"

"okay.." jungkook nodded softly. he quickly picked up his phone from the table, paying no attention to jimin, who snickered, nudging him.

"jungkook-"

"wait a second, jiminie." the younger man swatted his hand away, his eyes on the screen. "i'll just-"

"look over there!" jimin hissed, pushing the brunette's phone back down onto the table. "at the counter."

jungkook peeked over and his cheeks slowly warmed up when he saw the unmistakable form of kim taehyung at the counter, getting served by seokjin. "o-oh.."

taehyung looked over his shoulder, dark eyes roaming around the little coffee shop, as if searching for someone, before they met jungkook's.

the artist gave him a small smile, before tuning back to face the counter as he waited for his drink -which jungkook assumed was coffee, judging by the artist's love for the drink.

"he smiled at you~" jimin teased, wiggling his eyebrows. "so how exactly did you meet him again?"

"i served him last week." jungkook answered, peering over at the handsome artist once more, before squeaking in alarm. "and jin hyung- he's coming, chim!"

"well then, i'll let you two have your privacy." jimin could only beam, standing up from his seat. he pet jungkook's head, who swatted his hand away, and walked away from the table, offering taehyung a smile when he walked past.

"good afternoon, jungkook." the artist spoke, his to-go coffee in his hand as he reached the table with a soft smile. "can i sit?"

"o-of course!" jungkook spluttered, biting down on his bottom lip when the older man sat down across from him. "h-how have you been? i haven't seen you in a week.."

"i've been busy with my work." the artist sighed, shaking his head gently with a soft frown. "it keeps me occupied for days on end and i haven't had time to check my phone... i'm sorry for not sending you a text."

"don't apologise... i-i was just worried that i'd done something to upset you o-or something.." jungkook rambled, flinching when the artist placed a gentle, warm hand on his shoulder. he stopped talking and lifted his head, cheeks warm as the older man smiled at him in amusement.

"you were wonderful. i had a great day with you, jungkook-ah." taehyung spoke, genuinely. "and i deeply apologise for not reaching out. but, if you were serious about wanting to model for me, i've brought the contract."

"you have?" jungkook's eyes lit up, watching as the artist pulled out a folded piece of paper from his coat pocket. "can i sign it today?"

"eager, aren't you?" the ravenette's mused, chuckling softly. he put it down on the table and pushed it toward the younger man. "please read it properly before you make your decision, okay?" he checked his watch. "i need to get heading back but, i'll leave this with you. just call me when you've made your decision, or if you have any questions."

"yeah, okay." jungkook nodded, scanning through the contract before gently folding it up to fit in his shirt pocket. he looked up at the older man. "hey, uh, do you think i could have a look at what you're currently working on?"

"i don't see why not." taehyung stood up, grabbing his cup of coffee. "let me know when you're free, okay?"

jungkook nodded and the artist gently pet his hair, the touch gentle. "good boy."

jungkook's cheeks warmed up at the little praise, his gaze lowering to the table.

smirking ever so softly, taehyung noticed the reaction and couldn't help but gently reach his hand out to pet the younger's soft, soft hair once again, the silky strands smooth in between his slender fingers. "then i'll see you soon, jungkook-ah."

"s-see you, hyung.."

______

a cheeky update since i'm in a good mood☺️

-TaesThickThighs