chapter 27

the movies 

the movies 

"You don't want another one?" Chris questioned, going to pay for his and Riley's drinks. The female was quiet for a second, trying to hold back, but nodded to him anyway in the end. He chuckled, nodding back as he ordered another coffee for her.

"And you two are heading where?" Tessa questioned, raising her eyebrow at Riley.

"And together," Jisung commented, his eyes moving from Chris to Riley.

"Jisung, shut up," Chris turned to him before taking the coffee from the barista.

Izzy's shift ended a few minutes ago, so she was just sitting behind the table, watching Chris take the coffee from her pink haired coworker.

"Well, we're leaving too so does it matter?" Amy questioned, getting up from her seat. Jeongin stood up right after her, holding onto her hand right when he got the chance.

"I promised Amy we'll go shopping today," Jeongin explained when Jisung glanced at him. "So I'll meet with you guys tomorrow?"

"Fine with me," Hyunjin commented, also wanting to leave already.

"Sure, just get home safe," Chris nodded, handing the coffee to Riley, whispering something to her.

That caught Izzy's eyes and she looked at Riley, seeing her cheeks flushed red. She grinned and glanced at Amy again, questioning if she saw it too.

When Izzy stood up so they could all leave, a notification buzzed on her phone. She would have ignored it if the other's didn't get a notification too, giving her the idea that someone texted into their group chat. She took out her phone, opening the group chat when she saw the new message from Changbin.

"Looks like our plans are changing," she commented, reading the texts. "We're going, right?" She asked, looking up at the others that were reading the group chat too while Hyunjin was trying to read over her shoulder.

"Are you kidding?" Amy spoke up first. "To see Barbie?? Hell yeah!" She agreed, making Jeongin and Jisung laugh.

"What?" Chris asked, reading over Riley's shoulder. For some reason, she found that extremely attractive. His chin basically rested on her shoulder after he bought her a coffee, reading the messages, it was hot.

"Changbin and Astran bought tickets for everyone? What the hell?"

"And I am still the one paying whenever we go out," Chris sighed. "Well, if you want to go then I am down," he said towards Riley.

"Movie dates with all our friends? We have to go!" Jisung proclaimed. "And it's Barbie! Come on!"

Tessa chuckled before agreeing to it too. Hyunjin sighed, at the end agreeing too. His plans really couldn't go without anyone interrupting them.

"Wait, isn't Hana working today?"

"She is," Amy nodded. "Seungmin went with her, she sent me a bunch of pictures with him and the kids, but she is ending in a few minutes so they can make it."

"Laska and Felix are the only ones who still need to say if they can go or not then."

"Laska is already typing," Riley commented, trying to pay attention to the three dots on her screen instead of the male right behind her.

Soon after, the group was in front of the cinema, trying to find their other friends with their eyes.

"Hana is there," Hyunjin pointed towards the black haired girl, who was currently holding onto her boyfriend's hand, trying to avoid everyone who looked her way. Hyunjin was also holding onto his girlfriend's hand, walking towards the pair first.

Jeongin was already ready to follow the two of them towards Hana and Seungmin when Amy held his hand, stopping him. "Astran and Changbin are there, should we go meet them first so they don't look for us?" She suggested and Jeongin nodded.

"So each of us is looking for a different pair or what?" Jisung asked, watching them. "If so, we're looking for Minho and Robin," he proclaimed, grinning at Tessa. The girl chuckled, nodding.

"I doubt they will come together. Robin is still in denial," Riley muttered, looking around.

"So are you, girl," Tessa scoffed. Riley glanced at her right away, ready to argue, when her soulmate spoke up.

"You are, Rye," he chuckled. "It's fine, I know you like me," he whispered into her ear, making her shiver. She liked him a lot, and she knew it. But could anyone even blame her? Christopher was flirting with her all the time and the more time she spent with him, the more she was falling for him.

"I see Minho, let's go," Jisung spoke up, dragging Tessa away from the chaos. As much as he would like to listen to their conversation, the look Chris gave him was enough for him to know he should leave.

"So? If I do?" Riley asked, looking into his eyes now.

Chris smiled upon hearing her words, placing his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to himself as he started walking towards Alaska and Felix who just walked through the front door. "Then I am glad," he answered, already waving at his friend.

"His arm was around your shoulder?" Both of the girls questioned at the same time when they got to each other. Felix and Christopher were aside, talking about who knows what, so it was the perfect opportunity for the questions.

"I think you have more explaining than I do, Riles," Laska said, nudging Riley's shoulder. "Did you finally accept that you like him and talked to him about it or what?"

Riley smiled, "something like that."