chapter 13

blinded

blinded

As Izzy went back to the picture of herself, Hyunjin came back, smiling when he saw her smile.

"You're really good," Izzy mumbled, rethinking her question again.

"I just do it for fun," he shook his head, walking closer to her.

"I mean it, I love the pictures you took," Izzy smiled, slowly showing the camera towards him. "Do you think...you could send me this one?" She asked carefully, watching his face turn pink.

Hyunjin cleared his throat, nodding, "yeah, of course." he muttered. "I am...sorry," he added, making Izzy confused.

"For what?" She asked.

"Well," he started, sitting on his bed. He didn't take his eyes off her this whole time. He couldn't. "For taking that photo in the first place."

"It's fine," Izzy shook her head, going to sit next to him again. "I am glad you did."

Hyunjin smiled again, his head down so she wouldn't see him. The things this girl did to him without even trying or knowing. He chuckled at his own thoughts, raising his head to look at her again.

"I am sorry," Izzy said when he looked at her again. "For how I reacted," she laughed, trying to hide the embarrassment. "Minho told me you don't actually have a crush on me. I don't know why I even thought that, or why I made such a big deal out of it."

Hyunjin bit his bottom lip so he wouldn't say anything. He wasn't even looking at her anymore. He was staring at one of his paintings on the wall. Look anywhere but at her, he reminded himself, knowing that if he'd looked, he would tell her everything.

"I guess your sister just has that impact on me," she chuckled, looking at him to see what he has to say. She watched him for a while before she glanced at the painting too.

"You're good," he mumbled, scared of the silence between them. "We should go to others," he added, standing up. "If Laska isn't outside either, who knows if they already haven't destroyed our garden."

"Right," Izzy nodded, while also standing up. She glanced at the tall male before she left his room.

Hyunjin gazed at her back, walking right behind her. People might say he must be good with words when he sings, but he knew he fucked up again. Maybe not as bad as before, but he definitely wasn't happy about how their conversation ended.

He wished he could just draw his feelings out again.

"You can go out, I'll bring you the ice cream," he said, walking away to the kitchen, not even waiting for her response.

"Alright," she muttered, knowing he was already gone anyway. She sighed, just wishing she didn't talk about it.

Izzy walked outside, seeing Tessa already looking at her, hoping for some help. She chuckled and walked to her, taking a seat next to Tessa.

Izzy noticed Minho and Jisung on the other side of the table, both waiting for her response. Izzy raised her eyebrow, confusedly looking at Tessa.

Tessa sighed, "I could not care less about Minho's choice of ice cream flavour," she rolled her eyes, turning to Izzy right away.

"That basically means she doesn't like it," Jisung commented, happy he was right for once.

"No it doesn't, shut up and eat your own ice cream," Minho rolled his eyes, glancing at Izzy. He didn't say anything, he didn't ask anything, he just simply waited for her to say whatever she wanted.

"He'll be here in a second," Izzy mumbled, seeing Minho looking at her. "Tessa, can we go to the side once he comes?" She asked her friend, to which she just confusedly nodded. She didn't need to know why to agree. She was already tired of Minho and Jisung anyway.

Once Hyunjin walked outside, ice cream in his hand, Izzy stood up, making Tessa go too.

The two girls walked to him and Izzy took the ice cream, smiling at him before she took Tessa's hand, dragging her inside.

"Okay, what the hell is happening?" The girl asked confusedly, glancing at Hyunjin, who was walking to his friends.

"I don't know either, that's the problem. I just need to tell you everything, and Laska too! God dammit, lix."

"Lix? Is he with her? I was thinking where she disappeared," Tessa sighed, taking Izzy to their sofa, sitting her down as she sat next to her. "Spill," was all she had to say for Izzy to clear her throat.

"First of all, you can't tell this was to Laska, but apparently Felix is her soulmate," Izzy said, making sure no one else is in the room.

"What?" she screamed, quickly slamming her right hand against her mouth. "You're kidding."

"No! Minho noticed they have the same stuff written on their arms!" Izzy proclaimed, excited about it once again.

"Minho? Oh god," Tessa chuckled, "When Riley finds out she is going to freak out. We all already joke about them being perfect for each other."

"I know!" Izzy exclaimed. They both looked at each other. That was enough for them to burst into a laugh.

"They better figure it out soon," Izzy said, still laughing.

"Please, they are both blind," Tessa answered, hearing some footsteps. She glanced towards the person, sighing in relief when she saw Felix and Laska leaving her room.

"Who is blind?" Alaska asked, turning to Felix to tell him she is going to stay inside for now. He just nodded, glancing at the two girls as he walked towards the garden.

"You," Izzy answered. "Now come here, your brother is making me think."

That all was enough to get Laska's attention. Her eyes widened and she quickly walked to her two friends, sitting on the floor in front of them so she would be close enough.

Laska wasn't the only surprised one. Tessa also gazed at her, not sure what to expect.

"I have this weird feeling," Izzy started.

"That already starts bad," Tessa muttered, making Izzy roll her eyes with a chuckle.

"Minho said he doesn't have a crush on me, apparently he is obsessed with his soulmate now."

"That's weird," Laska commented, both girls turning to her. "He barely texts his soulmate. Actually almost never. He still has his heart broken from the four years they didn't text," she explained.

"Well it was Minho who said it anyway. He is weird. The way he looks at stuff is weird. Maybe he just thought it was like that," Tessa shrugged.

Izzy nodded, "probably." She couldn't argue with Tessa. Izzy didn't know him as much as she did to be able to say she was wrong. And she knew she was right at least in one thing. He was weird.

"But that still doesn't mean Hyunjin has a crush on me," Izzy proclaimed, making the two other girls look at each other. "But," she started again, only showing them they were right.

"But he acts like he does," Tessa spoke up.

"And he probably makes you feel great too," Laska added, making Izzy gulp.

Izzy cleared her throat, "It just...felt right," she muttered. "I don't know I have a mind full of thoughts right now and the fact I found out he secretly took a picture of me doesn't help it much."

"HE WHAT?" Tessa asked, taken aback by what she just heard.

"My brother is turning into a creep," Laska frowned. "Izzy, babe, focus on your soulmate instead. My brother isn't worth it. I love him and all, but you definitely deserve someone better."