chapter 3

movie night

movie night

"What's up with you? At least write a Hi down." Felix proclaimed, looking at Hyunjin's arm again. He couldn't understand why he still hasn't written anything to her, knowing how much joy it brings him to text his own soulmate. "She must be waiting for you to finally do something other than the star."

"It's easier this way," he mumbled, drawing a small TV on his arm to hint her that they were watching a movie. "I don't know what to say, I don't want to give her any hopes, and I am worried I might fuck things up if."

"What if you already did? Fuck things up I mean...you know how you felt for the past 4 years when you didn't get any texts from her." Jeongin joined the conversation, eating his popcorn.

"Guys, the movie!" Changbin yelled, making all three of them shut up. "You can worry about your love life after it ends."

"Says you," Seungmin scoffed. "I can see you smiling at your arm."

"Is it so hard to admit we are all ignoring the movie and texting to them?" Chan asked.

"Not all of us," Jisung commented. "I haven't seen Minho text her in forever."

"He might not be answering, but he is still smiling at her messages like an idiot." Seungmin scoffed. Even though Minho tried so hard to not show it and ignore her, Seungmin noticed.

"You are all down bad for them, it's pathetic," Minho rolled his eyes, getting his hand as far from Seungmin as he could.

"You're pathetic," Jisung scoffed, moving away from him when he saw Minho glance at him. "No, you're not. I didn't say that," he blurted out right away, making Seungmin chuckle.

"Guys when we are at it," Seungmin started, knowing damn well they weren't even close to this topic. "I am meeting H. I need some of you to go with me."

"Ey, one of our maknae is making moves," Hyunjin laughed.

"Because unlike you, I am not chickened out of my soulmate." Seungmin rolled his eyes, calling out all his elders. What he said wasn't necessarily true though. He knew he was scared of meeting her, especially when she wanted to meet in a bigger group, but once he saw her last message all his worries were gone. She liked him too.

"Then why are we supposed to go with you?" Jisung asked, raising his eyebrow.

"She wants it that way. She is bringing some of her friends too."

"Ohh, so double dates? I am in," Jisung agreed. "Our maknae is going too, right?" He turned his head to Jeongin.

"I don't know," He muttered, thinking about his own soulmate connection. Even when they didn't know each other Jeongin felt bad at the thought of seeing someone else.

"I'll go," Changbin said, turning the movie off. He knew very well they weren't watching it anymore.

"Grandfather?" Seungmin turned his head to Chan, who was already ready to punch him. "You need to find somebody for yourself already, you're getting old," Seungmin teased him more, Chan glancing over at Hyunjin.

"Don't look at me," Hyunjin chuckled. "Just go with him."

"I'll go too then," Jeongin sighed.

"Us five then, got it," Seungmin nodded to himself. "I'll let her know," as he said that Felix was already handing him his pen.

On the other side, the only one who wasn't watching the movie was Astran. He was too focused on writing to pay attention to the movie. Hana was too scared to look at her arm that she couldn't take her eyes off of the TV. The others decided to just watch the movie and answer their soulmates later.

'Are you already out of the gym?' Astran wrote on his arm, getting an answer right away. 'Yes, just hanging out with friends now. Watching a movie, kind of.'

'Same. I am more focused on you though haha' Changbin had to smile, suddenly feeling bad for saying yes to Seungmin. 'Hey,' Changbin started, rethinking his sentence again. 'I am going on a date...do you mind?'

Astran stared at the text on his arm, not sure if he read that correctly. 'With who?' He asked, still staring at the text.

Changbin answered soon after, 'I don't know yet, my friend needs someone to go with him on some group date or whatever. He is meeting his soulmate' He explained.

Astran, on the other hand, was a little too smart for this conversation, looking at Hana on the side. It was almost impossible for this to be just a coincidence. They weren't going to say anything though. Not for the sake of his friends and their soulmates.

'Okay, just...let me know how it goes?' Astran wrote on their arm, unsure of what he just approved. If he actually figured things out he could easily make Hana take him with her and meet their soulmate too, but if he was wrong...he didn't even want to think about that. 

"Update us tomorrow, Hana." Riley said when they were all leaving. "Once you get out of your classes, we'll hang out at the café." Hana nodded, closing the door behind them. Without even realizing it, she looked at her arm to see if her soulmate texted her. Of course he did, she basically confessed and hid his answer the whole night. It was the first time she saw his answer and found herself smiling. Was it too daring of her to say they liked each other?