chapter 1

star 

star 

Hyunjin drew a star on his left arm. Just as he used to for the past four years. It became a tradition. Tradition he didn't even like. It reminded him of the fact that everyone always teased him about, not having a soulmate. 

When he first turned nineteen, happy to write on his arm, no response came. Not after a day, a week, a month. He eventually stopped writing, only drawing this little star on his hand so it wouldn't be as empty.  

He drew a start every single day without a response. At least to this day. 

A Hi showed up on his left arm, close to his star. He stared at the two letters, not even drinking his coffee as he was sitting in Lee Know's car. His eyes widened, trying to erase the two letters. Nothing came off. Now, he was sure, it was staying until the person on the other side would erase it. 

"What are you staring at?" Felix, who was sitting next to him, asked his best friend, leaning towards him to see. "Is that...? See! I told you you have a soulmate too!" Felix smiled. 

"But why this late..." Hyunjin muttered, still staring at his arm. 

"Maybe she only turned nineteen today?" Lee Know suggested, when he heard them. 

"Don't say that, that would be illegal!" Jisung squealed right away. 

"No, it wouldn't." Minho answered, rolling his eyes and focusing back on the road again. 

"Izzy just turned nineteen," Felix commented, causing Hyunjin's eyes to widen even more now. The girl he has been looking at since she became one of Laska's friends could have been his soulmate. 

Isabel on the other side, was already on her way back home, walking next to Amy and Hana. Once her shift ended, Astran left so he could go study, and the others left soon after him. This way, only the three girls stayed, walking to their shared apartment. 

"Ams," Izzy started, staring into the girl's soul. 

"What?" She asked, opening the camera on her phone as quickly as possible, wondering if there might have stayed some cream from the cake. 

"You have nothing on your face," Hana said right after, looking at her sister so Izzy could continue. 

"Jeongin." Was all Izzy had to say to make the girl blush. Her cheeks were already pink from the makeup on her face, but his name made them way redder. 

"What about him?" Hana asked, knowing that was probably what Amy would ask anyway. 

"Yeah, what about him?" Amy joined her. 

"Oh, you know. We both know," Izzy smirked, nudging her friend with her shoulder. "He is definitely your soulmate." 

"He is what?!?" Hana asked in shock. If she had the voice for it she would probably be yelling right now. 

"I know," Amy whined, completely ignoring Hana's shock. "I don't know what to do." 

"Uhm, reach out to him??" Izzy said as if it was totally obvious. 

"No way. He doesn't know and I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible. It's great as it is, as we are." 

"But it could be even better when he knows. You might also get the physical attention you want," Isabel answered, making Amy completely zone out as she was thinking about it. 

"Oh god, I think I am glad I don't know who my soulmate is." Hana commented. "When did you two figure this shit out?" 

"Today, it was one of the things he said," Izzy explained. "I think they fit well together." 

"I don't know," Hana muttered. "He looks a little too innocent for her." 

"I believe that's exactly what she needs. Someone who could calm her fantasies down." Izzy answered, opening their apartment's door, Hana's dog greeting them right away. 

"Hi, Keny," Hana smiled, hugging her dog right away. "You're probably right. Once you figure out my soulmate is Keny, let me know." Izzy chuckled, going inside to make space for Amy to walk in too. She closed the door behind them and looked for her cat with her eyes. 

"Ziggy," Izzy called, seeing her cat leave her room. He was probably asleep. 

"I came to a conclusion," Amy proclaimed suddenly, making Izzy and Hana turn to her. "We'll look good together. He has a good sense of style," she nodded as she continued, assuring her friends, but also herself, that she means it. 

"So go and tell him what you know," 

"No," Amy answered confidently right away. "But I am gonna tell him about the game, see you later," she added, disappearing in her room soon after. Izzy couldn't even argue with her. 

"What would I give to meet my soulmate," Izzy sighed, Hana shaking her head over her. 

"You don't know him. Not at all, be responsible." 

"And you go feed Keny, he is starving," Izzy rolled her eyes, also disappearing into her room. She was not going to listen to Hana talk about how immature she was when it came to her other half. 

The three girls all ended up in their rooms and no matter what opinion they had on this soulmate connection, they all ended up texting their soulmate again. However, only two of them got the answer they wanted. 

Hana went into her room, Keny quickly following her and jumping on her bed as she sat on the edge, a pen in her hands already. 'Maybe that was funny, I admit, but my puppy is still cuter' She wrote on her arm, no matter how much she tried not to, a smile on her face appeared soon after when he answered immediately, writing random lyrics she never heard before. 'He might be' appeared right after and Hana chuckled. Despite all her talk she liked him more than she would want to. 

And she loved the lyrics he wrote. She figured it was a boy after a few days of talking, even though she hoped for a girl before, she was glad her soulmate was who he was. She started mumbling the lyrics he wrote, writing them down to her diary soon after to remember them. 

Izzy on the other side of the apartment, was also texting her soulmate, asking how he was. However, her soulmate didn't answer for another ten minutes and once he did, it wasn't anything Izzy would expect. She felt her arm itching as a drawing of a cake and ice cream showed up on her arm and smiled again. It wasn't the answer she would expect, but she loved the doodles her soulmate did. She drew a smiley face on her arm. He did the same. She had no idea what was going on in his head and why wasn't he writing anything, but she didn't mind. 

The moment she did mind was when she didn't get any sentence in weeks, only seeing a star on her hand everyday and from time to time different doodles he did. She loved his drawings, but she wanted communication, which seemed like something he couldn't do for some reason.