chapter 17

boys talk  

boys talk  

"Mission completed," Jeongin grinned at his friends, sitting in the café now. After the breakfast, and Seungmin's confession, they both left the girls' apartment and went to meet up with their group as planned.

"Good job," Chris laughed before taking a sip of his coffee.

"And we didn't only make them breakfast," Jeongin started again, smirking at his best friend. "Right, Seungmin?"

The boy next to him looked the other way, trying to avoid his question as possible. That action obviously caught the attention of others, only teasing him some more even though they had no idea what it was about.

"Okay, okay," Seungmin sighed, looking at the seven other guys at the table again. "Me and Hana are dating," he mumbled. "And kissed... a lot," he added, a smile appearing on his face as he remembered what happened moments ago.

"Hey!" Jisung exclaimed happily. "Our youngests are getting girlfriends!"

"I never thought Seungmin would be so in love with someone," Hyunjin chuckled, moving the attention to himself as Seungmin also had something to say to him.

"Shut up, at least I told you guys who she was when I found out. But you just forgot to tell us Izzy was your soulmate or something, right?"

"What-" Hyunjin started, getting cut off by Changbin and Jisung basically yelling at the whole café, asking how long he knew and why he didn't say anything.

Jeongin quickly glanced at Seungmin, trying to tell him to shut up. Seungmin shook his head. "I am not saying more," he whispered towards his best friend.

"Okay, guys, chill out," Chris calmed down the loudest members.

"How do you even know? I thought only Chris knew," Hyunjin asked.

"She has a star on her wrist," Seungmin answered, showing everyone with his tone how he thinks they are stupid if they didn't figure it out.

"Me and Minho found out like that too," Felix said calmly.

"You knew??" Hyunjin questioned right away, sighing. "Well, yeah, she's my soulmate, that's what you wanted to hear?"

Seungmin shook his head, chuckling. No matter that this man was older than him, sometimes he was acting like the biggest kid.

"Why don't you ask her out then?" Jeongin asked, drinking his coffee. "You've been crushing on her since you first met her"

"Have you guys not seen how she acted when Laska told her I have a crush on her? I can't," he muttered, sighing over the sudden wave of sadness. It definitely wasn't his best day.

"She what?" Jeongin asked confusedly. He knew he missed some stuff when he was spending so much time with Amy, but he never thought it would be something like this.

Chris shook his head a little, hinting him to not ask about it, when Hyunjin spoke up again.

"Yeah, she freaked out a little, but we talked and..." he started, now smiling, which genuinely shocked all of them. "It was good. It felt...nice." He nodded slightly for himself. "And we've been talking through our connection, it's good as it is."

"Is it good?" Minho questioned.

"It's good enough," Hyunjin corrected himself, assuring not only his friends but also himself. It was good enough. He would have never thought she would be his soulmate and that he could actually talk to her on a daily basis because of that. So whatever they had now, was better than nothing.

"I mean... you can still ask her out though," Jeongin mumbled, his mind set to helping these two out. "If she says no it's not like it's going to change anything. You'll still be soulmates and can text each other, you know."

Hyunjin looked at him again, thinking about what he just said. "Should I?" He asked all of his friends, getting a round of nods from them.

"Yes, you should!" Felix encouraged him right away. "Come on, you can at least know what your chances are."

"Okay, okay," Hyunjin nodded with a smile. "I'll ask her out tomorrow during her shift," he agreed.

Minho scoffed quietly, minding his own business. The man was so obsessed that he even knew when her shifts were. He shook his head, his sight falling on his arm as something tickled him.

'I just woke up!! I have like 3 hours of sleep, but my friends want to go get a coffee so it's fine'

Minho quickly took out his pen, asking where they were going, hoping none of his friends would notice. As much as he liked them, they were too noisy when it came to soulmates and he definitely didn't need Seungmin teasing him about it again.

Minho had a feeling his soulmate was one of Alaska's friends, but never had real evidence of it as he wasn't texting his soulmate that much. However, seeing the name of the café where they were in right now only confirmed his suspicion.

"Actually, you can ask her now," Minho spoke up, confusing everyone as they were already talking about a different topic. "Izzy and her friends are coming. You can ask her now," he explained, only getting questioned about how he could know about it.

"I just know, stop having dumb questions," Minho mumbled, taking out his phone to avoid them till the other group would come. 

"I still don't know what to do though!" Izzy whined, walking with all her friends again.

"Oh!" Robin exclaimed, shocked. "My soulmate answered me immediately!"

"What?!" Riley asked, moving closer to Robin to see for herself. "She's not lying!"

And suddenly, all of them were laughing. The mood before was the complete opposite of what the 8 of them would normally be, but with Robin's soulmate finally not acting like an asshole, everyone was happy for her.

Maybe this day was actually going to be good, Izzy thought. Not only that once she woke up Seungmin and Jeongin were preparing breakfast for her and her two best friends, but now Robin's soulmate, who almost never texts her, answered her back.

And that wasn't everything yet, the day barely started.