chapter 10

lunch 

lunch 

"What the hell, guys?" Hyunjin asked, still pissed from his fight with his sister. He quickly glanced at the food he was preparing, deciding it's okay for him to leave it like that for a minute. "Who thought it was a good idea to bring her here?" He looked at Jisung and Changbin, knowing Chan wouldn't do that to him.

"Don't look at me," Bin said, raising his hands in the air to show he was innocent. Hyunjin's eyes wandered to Jisung right away. Of course it was him.

"Why would you?"

"Oh, c'mon! You needed some help! You ain't getting her without trying!" Jisung argued, trying to show he meant well.

"Fucking hell," Hyunjin muttered, turning around to look at the food. "Just help me out and take the plates outside."

Jisung and Changbin listened right away, one of them taking the plates while the other one took the cutlery. Chris stayed behind, watching Hyunjin from afar.

"What?"

"Just observing," He responded, looking around to make sure they were the only ones in the room. "She has a star on her left arm," Chris mumbled, making Hyunjin turn to him right away.

Right now, he couldn't care less about the food. She was the only thing that had his interest. "On her wrist?" He asked and Chris could see the hope in his eyes.

He just nodded, "On her wrist."

"Maybe I should start talking to my soulmate then, shouldn't I?" Hyunjin asked with a smile, not expecting any answer. He turned around again, finishing the food. "Thank you," he muttered and Chris smiled too. 

Another ten minutes had passed before Tessa, Minho and Felix came too. They ran into each other in front of the house and just walked in together, seeing the ones inside being already divided into two groups.

Felix sighed, greeting Alaska and Izzy before he walked to his friends to figure out what happened. Minho and Tessa did the same, except they both ended up standing next to Laska.

Minho glanced at his friends and then back at Izzy, looking at her so long she couldn't hold eye contact anymore.

"Minho, what the hell are you doing?" Tessa asked, raising her eyebrow at the male. "Go to your friends so we can eat."

"Whatever," he responded, walking away.

"What's up with him?" Izzy asked, carefully watching him walk to Felix.

"He's always like that," Tessa commented, also looking at him.

"Maybe he also has a crush on you," Laska teased her, which only made Izzy more scared.

"Don't say stuff like that! I can't take another possible crush," Izzy whined, making Laska laugh.

"You'll fill me in later. I am starving," Tessa said towards her friends, grabbing their hands so they would go out with her. 

"Seungmin and Jeongin aren't coming?" Felix asked as he was sitting down, Hyunjin and Chan on each side of him, Laska watching him from the other side of the table. Of course he had to sit right in front of her.

"Right!" Izzy said, looking at the two girls on her right side. "The tea!" She added, making both of them look at her. Not only the two of them though, all of the boys on the other side of the table seemed interested in whatever tea she had. "Hana's soulmate is Seungmin."

"What?" Felix asked right away, glancing at Chan who was there.

"They left together," Jisung added and Izzy just nodded.

"Amy and Jeongin are soulmates too," Changbin reminded Izzy.

"We knew that already," Tessa joined the conversation, leaving the boys in shock. "You didn't? Damn, sucks," She gave them one of her ironic smiles, making Izzy and Laska laugh.

"But," Izzy started. "Amy told him today when she saw him in the café. They somehow got together after."

"Really? God dammit! Now I wish I went too," Laska whined, making Hyunjin roll his eyes.

"You should have! It was fun," Izzy smiled, moving her eyes from Alaska to Jisung to show him she actually meant he was funny.

Hyunjin obviously noticed this little thing. He couldn't take his eyes off of her just like Laska said before.

He also glanced at Jisung, seeing him smile on Izzy. The only thing he could think about was the fact he should have gone with Seungmin too. If he did, he could be the one she was smiling at now.

"So much drama happens when I am not there," Minho mumbled, being the first one to take a bite of the food.

Everyone began eating, only Hyunjin stayed behind, playing with his food like a little kid. Alaska obviously couldn't let this opportunity slide.

"Do you think you could stop eating Izzy up with your eyes? We're trying to eat our lunch," she said, taking Hyunjin back to reality.

His cheeks turned pink within a second. Hyunjin looked at his friends, looking for some help, but they were all just holding back a laugh.

"She is right," Minho commented, making Izzy almost choke up on her food. "And you just almost killed her."

"Good job," Tessa added ironically. Izzy gazed at her right away, showing her she isn't helping.

"Are you okay?" Hyunjin asked, ready to jump over the whole table if he had to.

"I am fine," Izzy said, frustrated, staring at her plate so she wouldn't look him in the eyes. "Can we just...eat?"

Hyunjin slightly nodded even though he knew she couldn't see him. She was avoiding eye contact. He looked at his sister, already seeing her looking at him. "Fuck you," he mouthed, seeing her scoff as she went back to eating. "Just so you know," he started. "That's not what I was doing at all," he added, hoping that might make Izzy feel at least a little better.

"I didn't think it was," she mumbled, her cheeks as red as his.

He gulped. This wasn't going to end up well. Especially with his sister against him, destroying every possible chance he could have.