chapter 26

coffee dates 

coffee dates 

"Wait what? Really?" Amy questioned, taking her coffee from the barista.

Izzy nodded, a slight smile appearing on her face before she turned to the next customer. "It'll be ready in a minute," she smiled, turning back to Amy again.

"And?" Amy continued with her questions. "Is he good at kissing? You need to spill everything, girl!"

"Amy, calm down," Izzy laughed, turning around to prepare the order. "But yeah," she muttered. "He's good at kissing."

"Thank you." Izzy turned around confusedly, awkwardly smiling when she saw her soulmate. Hyunjin chuckled. "Hey," he smiled now that she was facing him.

"Hi," she smiled back.

"Can you make me an americano, please? Oh and iced caramel macchiato," he added, making her nod. She turned around again, preparing his order while Amy took him aside . Izzy saw them get to one of the tables with the corner of her eye and shook her head, figuring she probably doesn't even want to know what Amy is going to talk to him about.

Izzy did everything she had to before she took the two coffees to Hyunjin and Amy, sitting down next to them.

"You're gonna get fired for these breaks once," Amy commented, taking a sip of her own drink.

"The owner loves me, it's fine as long as every customer is happy," Izzy proclaimed.

"Take this one," Hyunjin said, moving the iced coffee she just prepared to her. "It's for you, I am not drinking two in a row."

"Thank you," she exclaimed happily, already taking a sip. Hyunjin and Amy both chuckled at her, shaking their heads. "What are you doing here by the way?"

"Wanted to see my girlfriend," he winked at her, making Amy scoff.

"You've been with her the whole week," she reminded him, to which he just rolled his eyes.

"Maybe she just likes hanging out with me more," he grinned. Izzy didn't say anything to that. She just sat in her place, listening to them bickering. Many people might not think so, but it was funny in her eyes. Just watching the two of them basically fight over her made her laugh.

"Maybe you're just jealous because Jeongin isn't here," he shrugged, taking a sip of his americano. Izzy had to put a hand in front of her mouth to keep quiet. She wanted to laugh, but she knew Amy would kill her if she did.

"Don't bring my boyfriend into this. Just so you know, I can live without seeing him a day unlike you," she argued. Hyunjin chuckled, shaking his head at her.

"Well, Izzy doesn't mind that I am here, am I right?" He turned to his girlfriend.

Izzy just kept glancing between the two of them, trying to find a good answer so it wouldn't look like she's picking sides, but couldn't think of anything. "Hey, don't put me in the middle of this," she proclaimed at the end. "I like hanging out with both of you, equally," she added when she saw the face change on both of them.

"That's definitely rude," Amy said, finishing her coffee. "You know me longer, we hang out more, you should enjoy it more with me."

"I am just that great," Hyunjin laughed, making her roll her eyes again.

"Whatever, I am texting Jeongin so I am not alone with you two lovebirds anymore," she proclaimed, already taking out her phone to do as she said. 

"So, apparently," Amy started once she put her phone aside again.

"Is he not coming?" Hyunjin asked, a sign of laughter in his tone of voice.

Amy rolled her eyes at him, ignoring his question, and continuing her sentence. "Apparently Jeongin was with Jisung and Chan so they all decided to come. Innie also said Chris texted Riley asking if she wants coffee so I am sure she'll come too, and Jisung convinced Tessa to join them so it'll be the 8 of us."

"Nice!" Izzy smiled. She was definitely someone who agreed with the statement "the more the merrier" but Hyunjin didn't seem so excited to see his friends. Who could even blame him though? Even though he had been with Izzy the whole past week, he still wanted her for himself. He definitely didn't plan on spending time with six of their friends when he came here in the first place.  

"Cheer up dude," Amy chuckled, noticing the change in his face.

"Yeah, yeah," Hyunjin muttered, finishing his americano. "I am gonna steal you later anyway," he said towards Izzy, making her chuckle as she nodded.

"Okay, I am gonna take their order, I'll be right back," Izzy proclaimed, noticing new customers coming in. "Don't argue," she warned them before getting up from her chair, going back to work. 

Soon after, the five friends walked into the café, making Izzy get up again. She already knew their orders by heart, so while all of her friends moved to a bigger table, greeting each other, she went to the coffee machine to prepare everything.

"Wait, let me help you," Hyunjin spoke up, seeing her take three coffees at once. Chris stood up too, going to help them out.  

"I hope you are going to pay for my second one too," Izzy smiled at her soulmate, almost making him melt. Her smile could convince him to do anything. He simply nodded, taking the hot drinks for Jeongin and Jisung. Chris made sure to take Riley's iced coffee before reaching for a random cup, which he later found out was meant for Tessa. 

"So," Riley started, watching Izzy sit down. "We heard some... stuff," she chuckled before Jisung interrupted her, finishing her sentence.

"You and Hyunjin are a thing now? Or did we hear that wrong?" He asked, Izzy's eyes wandering to Amy as she figured it was her who didn't forget to mention it while texting Jeongin.

"Maybe," Izzy shrugged.

"Maybe what?" Riley raised her eyebrow while Tessa nudged Izzy's shoulder.

"Maybe, yeah," she giggled, glancing at Hyunjin.

"Definitely yeah, hands off," Hyunjin added, making Izzy laugh.

"As if we didn't have our soulmates already," Jisung rolled his eyes with a laugh, looking at Tessa now.