chapter 25

Megumi Fushiguro 

Megumi Fushiguro 

Hyunjin stared at the girl next to him, questioning if he had heard her correctly. "You want me to... wait, you want me to call you my girl?" He asked, quickly sitting up as if that was supposed to help him understand.

Izzy chuckled, turning around to lay on her back. She watched him with a smile, nodding. "Yeah, if you still want to, I mean," she was already ready to change the topic and pretend as if she didn't say anything when he got on top of her, his hands right next to her head and his knees right next to her legs, their skin touching.

"I kinda want to kiss you right now, my girl," he whispered, making her cheeks turn red immediately. She never understood what it meant when people said they feel butterflies in their stomach, but this boy... he made her feel exactly that.

She was staring at him. At his lips, eyes, and his lips again. She couldn't help it. He was so beautiful. And he was right in front of her.

"Your sister is in the next room," Izzy mumbled, also whispering as if there was any way Alaska could hear them. "And you're not even my boyfriend, baby," she added, looking directly into his eyes.

The eye contact on top of it all was driving Hyunjin crazy. She was right in front of him - right under him - so close, with her stupidly cute eyes that were carefully watching every inch of his face, it was almost impossible to resist her.

"I could be, love," he whispered, leaning closer to her. They were so close now, one move would make them kiss. But both of them liked that. The teasing, the nicknames, everything was happening while the other one was right there, able to kiss them anytime, and they loved that feeling.

"You could, only if you asked," she smiled, leaning forwards to connect their lips before he could even say anything. She knew he was going to ask now that she showed him she wouldn't say no, but she needed to kiss him first.

"Are you trying to seduce me again?" He muttered as Izzy put her hand behind his neck, pulling him closer.

"Shut up and kiss me," she mumbled, her lips on his again. He listened, he had no reason not to.

"Izzy," he breathed out when they pulled away, still so close to her that one move would cause them to kiss again. "Be my girlfriend. Let me be your boyfriend."

She smiled again when he finally asked, nodding. "You'll have to buy me coffee every day," she said, her hand rubbing through his hair. "And kiss me a lot more, I think I love your lips."

"Iced caramel macchiato," he muttered her order. "You think? Maybe we should make sure you know," he grinned and suddenly, there was nothing between them. Not even air. 

It took them another ten minutes before they finally got away from each other, now laying on their bellies, finally turning on the first episode instead of each other.

"Who did you say was your favorite?" Hyunjin asked curiously, watching the screen.

"He's gonna show up any second now," Izzy smiled excitedly. "His name is Megumi. He's great. You're definitely going to like him too." Hyunjin chuckled, glancing at the girl next to him. Seeing her smile like that was the best thing he had ever seen.

"I am sure I will," he muttered, facing the screen again. 

"Are you trying to tell me you just finished the first half of jujutsu kaisen and decided that eating your dinner at eleven pm just to go back to watching is a good idea? Izzy, you're turning into Riley," Laska said, watching the two of them walk to their kitchen.

"Hey, you also stay up late to watch anime," Izzy answered, leaning over the kitchen unit, watching Hyunjin prepare something for them.

Laska sighed, "I want Lix here."

Hyunjin turned around right away, giving his sister a warning look. "No way. You're not having any boys over until you're thirty. No, forty," he proclaimed, making her scoff.

"You're not my dad, Hyunjin," she protested, ignoring his answer, just walking back to her room.

"You should let her be, jinnie," Izzy proclaimed, wrapping her hands around his waist once he turned his back to her again. "You wouldn't want her telling you you can't have me here either. And you know Felix is a great guy. One of the best ones."

"But she's..." he wanted to complain. Say that it was something else when it was her and when it was him, but he knew she was right. And her hands around his waist, the fact she was hugging him from behind, it would make him do anything. "You're right," he admitted.

Izzy smiled, knowing how big of an impact she had on this boy.

"What are you making by the way?" Izzy asked, still hugging him. It felt nice like that. Her arms around him while he was preparing food for her, she could surely get used to that.

"I am? I thought you were going to help me."

"Or I can just hug you while you do it," she giggled. "I can't cook even if my life depended on it."

He chuckled, "I'll have to learn how to cook for you properly then." Izzy found herself blushing again as she slightly nodded, her embrace tightening up. Hyunjin put his hands on hers, making her let him go as he turned around to face her. When he did so, he put her hands around his waist again, lifting up her chin with two fingers. "I'll do anything so you can just stay still and look pretty, baby."