Chapter 7 - Y/N

A few days passed and I was enjoying my new life as an Avenger apart from the obvious threat of Ultron. I mean, the paperwork and contracts and such were a bit dull but that was fine. I had been given the option to move into one of the rooms on the top 12 floors as they were the Avengers bedrooms but I opted to stay in my own room mostly but sometimes I went up there to talk to Nat who told me that my room next to hers would always be mine if I ever got sick of Dad's terrible toast making. I also had a new suit which made me feel absolutely badass. It was a bit like Nat's but better. It was a black catsuit with an enchanted style hood and a leather jacket with Y/F/C accents. All of this came with many, many gun and weapon holsters and fingerless gloves. I also had boots that came up to my ankles and were easily malleable so I could run in them. I was desperate to wear it everywhere but Dad said they were reserved for missions and missions only which was sensible but disappointing.

Dad had called us for a meeting about the Ultron Situation so we all gathered in the common room to see what he had found. He showed us all a picture of Baron von Strucker shot in his bed with the word PEACE written in his blood on the wall.

"Ultron killed him." Steve whispered

"Uh huh and left a little Banksy on the wall for us," Dad added.

"This has to stop, he's doing this for our attention. All of the stuff we had on Strucker will be gone if he's been on the internet and in our database which is almost inevitable." I huffed

"Not all of it." Dad stated, and revealed many filing cabinets.

We started searching the files, there wasn't much on Strucker but a lot on his friends, particularly a guy named Klaue.

"Look at this," Thor held up a picture of the back of Klaue's head.

"The tattoo means nothing." Steve sighed

"Not that, he was branded, look." He pointed to a red blot on his skin "What does it mean?"

Bruce, who had already started looking it up, answered "It means thief in a much less friendly way. It's W-wadakan? Wakandan dialect."

"Of course." I muttered, "Wakanda is the only place where you find that." I pointed to Steve's shield.

"Vibranium." Dad nodded.

"We need to go, now!" Cap ordered, we all immediately went to suit up.

"Ready for your first mission?" Steve asked, putting his boots on. I nodded, feeling an increasing sense of adrenaline pump through me. I quickly put on my suit and walked out, grabbing my boots and lacing them up.

After everyone was done changing we all grabbed weapons. I grabbed daggers, a gun and a set of energy blasters as I was proficient in those three, particularly with the twin daggers. Fist fighting was always an option too, of course. Everyone made their way to the Quinjet and started discussing a plan.