Chapter 24 - Y/N

Clint ran in, followed by a very large, green Bruce.

"So where's this drill then?" he asked. I nodded towards the glowing cylinder in the centre of the wreckage.

"This is the drill, if Ultron gets a hand on it, we lose." Dad informed him. I grunted and I pushed the last of the robots away from the framework of the building that we were fighting in. Hulk raced in, throwing old bits of metal away.

"Is that the best you can do?!''Thor yelled to the sky. I looked at him incredulously, catching eyes with Pietro who gave me the same how dumb is this guy? Look. At this point, Ulrton flew down so he was at eye level and raised his hand. Hundreds of robots came flooding through the streets, lining up in military fashion both in the air and on the ground. We all stared for a minute, processing what we were about to face as quickly as possible.

"You had to ask." I turned to Thor annoyedly. Pietro grabbed my hand, still staring at the robot army. There was more -how could there be more? This guy probably used all the metal in the world for a fan club this big. I hoped he couldn't feel my quivering hands, he squeezed once, I squeezed back.

"This is the best I can do." Ultron started one of his long speeches again "This is what I always wanted, all of you against all of me. How can you possibly hope to stop me?"

"Like the old man said." Dad looked at Cap "Together."

Pietro looked down at me, I looked up at him. Although he looked fine, he was tapping his finger against my hand. I had learned that this was one of his nervous tics. I said softly

"If we go down fighting, we go down fighting together, yeah?"

"Yeah." He whispered. I stroked his hand comfortingly before ripping my hand out of his outrageously gentle grip and started disabling robots.

I had begun to notice that their necks held all the valuable wires, an achilles heel.

"Aim for the neck, that's their weak spot" I shouted over comms, trying not to be deafened by the noise and chaos around me.

"You couldn't have told us earlier?" Nat asked, I could tell that she was grinning.

"I was busy!" I defended myself, laughing slightly.

It was utter chaos. Vision was up in the sky, fighting robots. Wanda was hurling robots into walls and the rest of us were doing it the old fashioned way, with guns, blasters or in my case, daggers. Clint also had a bow and arrow but he wasn't too pleased about it so I won't dwell on it. We were all struggling, that much was clear. Blasters of every colour were being fired left, right and centre. Cap was being punched to death and Thor was doing a battle cry. That actually kinda helped though, he killed about 7 robots after that so it wasn't too bad. The noise was deafening, blasters loading up, grunting and the occasional big smash surrounded us. Pietro was also leaping around, his blue light leaving a mess of metal parts in his wake. We ended up fighting back to back. We circled around, firing weapons and generally causing havoc for the robots together which, trying to find the positives, we were good at.