Chapter 2 - Y/N

Turns out it can get really bad. By the end of it I was lying on the floor like a sack of potatoes. Sweaty and disgusting, I panted feeling very slightly ridiculous. It made me feel better that Nat was looking quite exhausted on the bench, clasping a bottle of water.

"You did good, that wasn't easy." Nat congratulated "Though I expected nothing less."

"Thanks," I sighed, feeling every ache that my muscles had begun to form. "I think I'm going to have a shower."

"Not a bad idea," Nat agreed as we both stood up with more difficulty than I'd care to admit. We had just started walking towards the door when Steve walked in, accompanied by Clint.

"Hey ladies, do you mind if we join you?"

"We were just leaving," Nat replied, smiling "See ya."

Both of us walked out, anticipating the shower that would hopefully cool us down.

I had just finished blow-drying my hair when my dad walked in.

"Hey kid."

"Hey, what's up?"

"The sky but Nat told me that you did pretty damn good in training to quote her exactly." Dad smiled at me proudly. "So I have made the decision to offer you a place in the Avengers Initiative."

I blinked "Pardon?"

"Do you wanna be an avenger?"

"Yeah," I said automatically, my brain processing everything that the last 30 seconds had revealed.

"Well congratulations, you are the newest member of the group."

"Why?" I asked, not surprised by Dad's abrupt statement "I mean why now?"

"I've been thinking about it for a while actually, you're 17 so you can make decisions for yourself and you're a lot more mature than I was at your age."

"That's not a hard thing to accomplish," I replied wryly.

"Not the topic of discussion," Dad said quickly, grinning "going back to why: you're clever, you can hold your own and stay calm during a fight ."

I ignored the last comment, thinking my outward appearance of calm was only made possible by the endless stream of sarcasm that I sometimes voiced.

"What do the others think?" I asked nervously, it wasn't that I worried about what they thought, I knew they liked me but sometimes dad's rash decisions caused falling out between them.

"I haven't told them yet," I bit my lip. "Well Nat knows but no one else." Dad replied.

"Ok can you tell them ASAP? Cuz I can guarantee Steve has opinions." I said laughing a bit, partly from shock, partly from Steve's comical grandpa worries.

All the Avengers had been summoned to the common room so dad could tell them in person rather than over comms.

"Ok listen up, Point Break, chew quieter." Dad ordered. Thor looked up and slowly grabbed another mini cookie from the packet that rested on his lap.

"So, straight to the point, I have made the decision to make Y/N an avenger." Dad said bluntly. The whole room became silent, the only sound being Thor and his cookies.

"Why Tony? She's a kid." Steve asked, frowning.

"I'm 17. What's such a kid about that?"

"She can fight well and probably has more common sense than me." Dad reasoned

"Definitely," I corrected

"Definitely has more common sense than me." Dad amended.

"That's not hard Tony, she's too young." Steve challenged.

"Why should I get to be an Avenger when she cannot?" Dad raised his voice slightly.

"You have experience!" Steve yelled back, "We all do, she doesn't, she'll get hurt."

"Right now I'm more hurt by the fact that you don't think I'm capable," I said. I wasn't really offended as I expected Steve to act this way but if I didn't say something to calm both of them down then it wouldn't end well. "C'mon Steve." I wanted to call him Spangles but it wasn't the time.

Steve sighed and turned to the rest of the group "What do you think?"

"I'm all for it," Clint shrugged

"Of course," Nat grinned

"I think we should," Bruce agreed

"Yes I would love to work with Lady Y/N!" Thor boomed

"Y/N should be on the team." Dad stated

"I guess I'm outnumbered then." Steve sighed. "Fine but I hope you make her suit safe Stark."

"Why wouldn't I?" Dad questioned as he walked out, probably to start making something in the lab.

A/N:  I realised that I haven't mentioned it so I'm saying it now. These chapters are all longish, most of them are over 500 words-just a warning if that's something you like to know when reading.