Chapter 16 - Y/N

I was still on the train, as was Steve. Who was yelling through comms for Clint to go, despite the fact that nobody had eyes on Nat. The train screeched as we went off the rails. Literally. I breathed in sharply as I stumbled onto my ankle. The train crashed into the streets, not slowing down. I turned to Pietro

"Civilians in the path, get them out of the way." I ordered urgently. He nodded and ran out as Cap looked at Wanda

"Can you stop this thing?" He asked, Wanda looked at him with nothing but determination. At that point I fell, hearing a slight crack and a sharp pain spread through my ankle. Well if it wasn't broken before, it certainly was now. I winced as I grabbed an overhead pole to keep me steady.

"Y/N you ok?" Cap yelled over the chaos.

"I'm fine!" I yelled back. I looked up, we were approaching a wall. I quickly braced myself behind a pair of seats as bricks and dust flew over me. A faint whooshing sound and Wanda's red magic spread through the floor. Screeching filled the air as the train slowly stopped, taking an entire pavement with it.

Everyone got out of the burning wreckage of the train, with Steve and I having to assist some people out. Wanda was one of the first people out, she immediately ran over to Pietro and checked up on him.

"I'm fine," he panted, "I just need to take a minute."

"I'm very tempted not to give you one." Steve walked over to them

"Oh lay off it, Steve," I sighed. "He's got half his arm cut out and shrapnel in it. I think that gives him leave for at least a minute, especially considering he just saved about 20 people from being flattened."

"Did you get the Cradle?" Wanda asked.

"Stark will take care of it," Steve replied curtly. Wanda shook her head

"No he won't," she sounded nervous, Pietro looked up and touched her arm.

"You don't know what you're talking about. He's not crazy," Steve answered calmly.

"He'll do anything to make things right," Wanda's voice was slowly growing in volume.

"He's also the closest thing to a father I've got." I murmured pointedly. Wanda looked at me, her eyes full of betrayal.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Well that train over there was crashing through the streets, I didn't think it was a priority to educate you on my family ties." I replied.

"Anyone on comms? Stark?" Steve tapped his earpiece.

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it, where do you think he gets that from?" Wanda asked.

"I will say he has a habit of being disgustingly arrogant sometimes but he does what he thinks is right, sometimes I think we need more of that." I turned to face both of them. "Also, can I point out that he doesn't sell weapons anymore, it's more like new technology now."

"The present doesn't excuse the past," Wanda sneered.

Pietro got up, I looked him over

"You ok now?"

"Fine," he replied tightly

"Don't act like you care," Wanda spat, "We're nothing more than pawns in your game." I paused. These two people had been through so much that they didn't trust anyone, I wanted them to feel safe. "I do care." I said firmly "Despite what you say about Tony Stark, I will always care."

"Why?" Pietro asked "You met us not so long ago and work for the Avengers, why do you care?" He wasn't taking the offensive like Wanda but sounded genuinely curious and... a bit broken.

"Because I know what it's like to have next to nobody, it's not fun and I knew that there were people out there who cared but just couldn't reach me. You two don't. I want to change that." I smiled softly at both of them "You can come with us if you want." I looked at Cap who just looked at me as if to say Do what you like. Pietro stood up

"Fine, but we can't let Ultron suspect anything." Wanda looked at him incredulously. "We don't have a lot of options, this is probably the best choice." Pietro explained gently. Wanda stared before giving in.

"Fine but I'm not going to be nice to Stark."

"Fair enough," I smiled. "C'mon then."

"Who gives the orders around here?" Steve asked, smirking

"Sorry Spangles."

"Well go on, tell Clint about whatever exchange I just witnessed." Steve sighed

"It's called being nice, you should try it sometime," I said as I tapped my Comms "Hey Clint, you got room for two extra?"

A brief second and then "Don't tell me you brought the kids."

"They're not kids, they're the same age as me," I corrected him, "And yes I did. Can you pick us up?"

"Sure if you tell me where you are."

"Near the bridge that Cap nearly got thrown over." I replied, glancing back at the twins who looked like they were trying to listen in. Steve, who was walking next to me, elbowed me hard for that.

"Roger that." Clint said and within a few minutes the Quinjet came into view, allowing us to get in. Apparently Wanda had noticed my limp that had slowly been getting heavier as we walked and the adrenaline wore off because as soon as we sat down, she looked at my ankle. As I noticed her gaze I told her "Oh yeah, I think it's broken, I'll be ok though." I shrugged. Wanda blinked and Pietro looked at me in concern.

"I can heal it if you want."

"You can?" I asked. She nodded. "Would you mind?"

"Not at all," She smiled as her hands wrapped around my ankle. A sharp feeling of hot then cold shot through my foot, I jumped a little at the sensation before trying out the stability of it.

"Thanks." I said gratefully.

"No problem," Wanda said warmly. Pietro looked at Wanda, his eyes filled with playful hurt.

"Why couldn't you do that for me?" He asked, looking at his arm, of which the bandage was starting to show some blood again.

"You still have shrapnel in the wound, stupid. Do you know how much effort it would take to get everything out after stopping a train from destroying half a city?" I joked, the blonde pouted in fake hurt, I grinned at him.