CHAPTER 9

I left the room to help a little in the kitchen, everyone started looking at me and appreciating my dress.  Mom was also wearing saree so I didn't feel alone but I was very uncomfortable, everything was tight and I couldn't even walk. I helped do a few things with Hani even though Mom didn't want to because I was the new married. 
After breakfast, arrived the first visits of guests for greetings.  Everyone gave us good wishes, but many wondered about the absence of the real bride and a lot of criticism for me. "You're supposed to be the girl Rayan got engaged to a couple of years ago?" said a lady in front of four others and in front of Mom, who was disappointed in fact she said nothing. 

Sorry but, why meddle in other people's business, why say something when you already know the answer and it might make someone feel bad, why all people quick to criticize don't think that everything that happened with someone could happen to them too.  I want to know why society must always have something to say, why no one thinks about how the family is suffering and having a hard time.  True relatives are those who are close to you in the moment of pain because in the moment of happiness I am sure there will be there. "I was just asking! Today's girls!"  the same lady said and I answered with the same confidence;  well then, yes i'm the same girl as a few years ago, but don't worry, my husband and I are very happy together and we accept everything that happened because we know it was fate and no one can go against that. 

Don't worry, the two of us are very well and happy and then I have such a kind Mom, I've known her since childhood so I don't have any problems in this house.  Now grab something for a snack, while I check some things in the kitchen, and I left and afterwards the lady had nothing more to add.  After a while the ladies left and I went to Mom, Mom don't worry, ignore what they tell you, they don't know what you feel when you go through a difficult moment, "How can I worry when I have such a brave and confident daughter about herself" said Mom, i said what I thought was necessary, but I didn't want to be rude, "I know, I also know that what you said was all right, but next time forget it, don't  argue with people like this", Mom but then they will continue to spread the false and useless rumors, " Don't worry, people are very smart and cunning they will understand where there is falsehood.

Go to Rayan who is back from work", ok well, I said hugging.  I was entering in the room when Rayan was leaving so we collided, but as soon as he saw that I was entering he followed me. "What were you saying to the guests, that we, married couple are happy and we accepted", I said what I thought was right to mislead Mom ,"Turn around, when I talk to you look at me!", you can not command!.  "Are you supposed to be happy with me?"  he said grabbing my arm and turning me around, that was the only thing that came to mind at that moment.  I certainly could not say how you had treated me in these two days of marriage.  "It's what you deserve!", rest assured that I deserve a better person than you.  Tell me, would you have treated Zoya the same way too?, "I wouldn't have done it, she is much better than you, she is more beautiful than you and more attractive", that's why she left you without saying the reason and now she and her family are no longer heard and I think you deserve just that, I said to him releasing myself from his grip.