Chapter 69

•---------•❘༻

•---------•❘༻.✾.༺❘•---------•

"I'm sorry Chaerin, but Jake doesn't want to see you right now," Mrs Sim said feeling completely hurt to tell Chaerin this by herself.

She reached for Mrs. Sim's hands and held them. "But Imo, I need to see him. I really wanna see him. Please talk to him for me." She said with her voice sounding like begging.

"You know I hate to do this to you. I don't even know what happened between the two of you."

Chaerin began to slowly let go of her hand on Mrs. Sim as she looked down sadly. Why would Jake even do this to her?

Mrs Sim went to hold back her hand again. "Just, give her some time Chaerin. He'll soon get over it. You know he can't stay far away from you for that long right?" Mrs Sim said with her soft voice as she stared at Chaerin trying to reassure her. 

Chaerin began to think of it. Maybe Jake still needs the time for his own. He needs his own space. He needs that. She let out a sigh and began looking at Mrs. Sim.

She smiled warmly at her and tapped her hands on her. "Alright I, but just in case something happens. Please let me know" 

Mrs Sim caressed and tapped her hand on her "I know dear. Don't worry"

They both smiled at each other before pulling in for a hug. "Jake will be alright trust me. the next you know he'll gonna be looking at you first thing in the morning" Mrs Sim said while caressing her back trying to reassure her.

Chaerin formed into a smile and nodded her head. "Very well"

Jake on the other hand was listening to their conversation near his door. He feels bad for doing that to her but he can't help it. He needs time for his own to recover from anything.

He began to put aside his arm cane on the wall. He was losing his balance and he quickly held the doorknob and put his body weight on the door. It was still hard for him to stand up without the support. But he doesn't care. He hates to walk around with it and always burdening the people around him because of his condition. He needs to do something about it quickly.

He began to slowly stand properly while holding the doorknob. He took one step at a time.  He managed to earn his balance. He managed to walk without the help of anything but it only lasted for seconds. Unfortunately, he fell immediately onto the floor. His body is still not strong enough for it to carry his weight.

He broke down again. Even so, he decided to try and try again until he was finally able to walk again for himself. He wants to walk normally right now. He's sick with all of this.

~ °❈° ~