Chapter 65

The door was opened from the inside and Chaerin carefully pushed the wheelchair inside the house.

"Home!"

Chaerin's face was formed into a smile seeing his reaction. He was so happy to be back home again. Jake has already been discharged from the hospital but is still under medication and needs some treatment for his legs.

"Do you feel that son? You're finally home again" Mrs Sim said to him.

He quickly nods his head in happiness.

A bark then suddenly can be heard as a dog runs her way to Jake.

Jake's face lightened right away and opened his arms wide for the dog to run to him.

"Layla!!"

Layla jumped and placed her paws on Jake's lap. She was barking so loud as if she had missed him so much too. Her tails wiggled as he let out a whimpering sound to him.

"Do you miss me that much? Cause I miss you too" Jake played with Layla slightly caressing her face and kissing her.

Chaerin smiled warmly at Jake seeing how happy he was to finally be able to go home. She looked around the house and it was hella huge. The ceiling was high and well-built. She admired the architecture of the house as she looked up to see it. They are now in the living room. It was her first time to see this house up close. She had been there for quite some time but still, their house was beautiful.

"Son? Why don't you go and have a rest first in your room." Mr Sim said to him.

"Just so you know we already moved some of your clothes to the room down here. You will not be staying in your old room. We decided it would be better if you stayed in the room down here so it would be easier for you to move around" his dad added again.

"I hope you don't mind," Mrs Sim said while looking at his face. She doesn't want Jake to feel bad or even feel a bit offended because of it and that is why she is seeking clarification.

Jake shook his head. "It's alright mom, dad. I think it will be better if I stay down here too. After all, it will only be for a while. Right?"

Chaerin made eye contact with Jaehyun. They are not quite sure about that but surely, they believe it will only be for a while.

Jaehyun quickly made his way next to Jake. "Of course Jake. Now, let's get you to your room." He said changing the topic.

Jake's brother led the way as Chaerin pushed the wheelchair inside his bedroom. It was tidy and very spacious too.

Jaehyun put down Jake's bag from the hospital and placed it on the couch. Chaerin scanned the room the room right away.

Jaehyun began to take Chaerin's place by pushing the wheelchair next to the bed. After that, he lightly helped Jake to get up and sat him gently on the bed. Chaerin took the wheelchair pushed it aside and placed it near the wall.