Chapter 62

•---------•❘༻

•---------•❘༻.✾.༺❘•---------•

While Jungwon and Chaein went out together, Chaerin was on her way to go and have lunch with Jake outside today too. It was a cold afternoon in a busy city. All of the surroundings was been dumped with white snow as the rays of the sun hit the ground of the earth.

She was walking on the side of the road with her hand tucked inside her coat. She was so happy to see Jake and even when walking, she managed to smile just by thinking of him.

She slowly lifts her head and looks on the other side of the road not stopping her steps from walking. She looked around it trying to scan Jake through the crowds.

"Chaerin!"

Her eyes lightened as soon as he spotted him waving at her from the other side of the road with a bouquet in his hands.

She let out a laugh seeing him from afar. The way he waved his hand just for him trying to get her attention is beyond adorable.

She pointed to her side while walking where the crossroad was trying to give him the signal.

Jake nodded his head and smiled happily as they looked at each other. He slowly made his way to the side of the crossroad to wait for the light to turn red.

Chaerin did the same thing. She stands near the crossroad to wait for him to get into her. She looked at Jake happily while he was waiting for her patiently.

She smiled at him and he smiled back. He looks extremely handsome and boyfriendable with his look right now. The way his hair would bounce perfectly whenever he moved makes him 100+++ more attractive than he already is. He is wearing his work attire which is a white long sleeve with a black blazer with his long black pants.

She flaps her hands that are inside the coat while waiting for him. As soon as the light turned green. He happily took his steps without removing his gaze from her.

She went near the side of the crossroad to get to him fast. She smiled in happiness as she couldn't wait to hug him.

It was then a loud horn sound can be heard coming from her left. A car going at an indescribable pace drove into the road within the red lights.

The smile on her face quickly dropped as she looked at the car heading directly in Jake's direction. She was caught up in her breath and her heart was beating so fast as she looked at the car.

She turned her head to look at Jake only to meet with his warm smile.

"Jake look out!!!" She screamed out to him.

Jake on the other hand heard the loud noise of a car alongside with a horn getting nearer every time. He quickly looked to his side only for his eyes to meet with a car heading directly in his direction.

He wanted to run forward but it was too late. In a matter of seconds, everything turned pitch black for him. He can't but be clear enough to hear everything that's going around him.

Just like that, Jake was hit by the car. His body crashed into the bonnet of the car before completely landing on the ground with a sickening sound.

A loud screech of break can be heard as the car finally stops.

As if everything moving into a slow motion. Chaerin's eyes hung wide open while witnessing him getting hit right in front of her eyes.

He stared at Jake's body which had landed on the road and she let out a scream causing everyone around her to witness the same thing. Tears began to fill in her eyes and her body began to shake.

She didn't waste any time as she quickly made her way to him. It feels like her body lost out of balance to even stand.

"Please someone call the ambulance!!" She let out while crying.

The people around her began to gather around her. They began to help her. They managed to stop the car hit Jake and grabbed the man right away. People began to gather around her as he knelt an unconscious body in the middle of the road.

She scanned him and knelt. She reached for him as her hand shivered.

Chaerin was helpless. Completely helpless. She grabbed and placed Jake on her lap as she let out a cry.

"No no no, this can't be happening!"

She tried to wake him up but it seemed so useless. He was unconscious. His head was bleeding so much and his body was left with lots of scratches and wounds.

"Jake wake up please!!" She begged and screamed endlessly.

A woman began to sit next to her and calmed her down. She can hear people talking with each other. They even managed to get the people who were driving insanely just and tied him up.

The ambulance arrived and she breathlessly got up. Her eyes were swollen and she kept on crying and hitting herself. They ran down from the van and quickly made their way to where Jake was.

She stood up from the ground and one of the paramedics went near her to calm her down. They lifted Jake and laid him down on the padded cot.

"Miss, do you know this guy?" One of the paramedics said.

"He's my boyfriend," she said between her tears.

She followed as Jake was carried into the ambulance and she went inside with them.