Chapter 41

•---------•❘༻

•---------•❘༻.✾.༺❘•---------•

Y/n ran inside her car and cried her heart out. She kept on hitting the steering wheel. But she can feel no pain. It was nothing compared to the pain in her heart.

Her heart ached but she knew she made the right decision. She wants him. She needs him. She wants the rest of forever with him. But seems like destiny seemed to be against it. She promised she would fight for him but she can't take it long. She's tired. And what scene broke her the most was when they kissed.

She heard everything. She was outside the door all along listening to their talk. But what if Yeeun says is true after all?

"Do you love her or do you just pity her?"

"Because if you completely lost all your feelings for me you would have been here"

Those words repeated in her head. She did the right thing. The thing that she had done sooner. But she regretted nothing. Because at the very least she met a person like Jay. He was the person that gave her the feeling of love. Even if she could turn back time and go back to the first time they were arranged, she knew she would still choose this. The life with her first love. And he will now live in her memory.

She calmed down for a few minutes before driving. She increased the speed of her car and Jay was calling her. She got annoyed and turned her phone off. She continued driving at a high speed not giving any car to the car that honked at her. She drives and drives to somewhere she doesn't even know. But all she knew was that she dreamed of getting out

It was 8 in the night. Y/n drove herself back home to her family. She weakly stepped out of her car and made her way to the door. She rang the bell while standing there.

"Coming" she can hear Lily's voice from inside.

Lily opened the door and she quickly screamed at her. 

"My favorite cousin is home!!!" she happily opened her arms wide for her. Usually, Y/n would jump into her and hug her right away, but this time it was different.

Her smile quickly dropped when she noticed her eyes were swollen. Her hands quickly dropped. Lily looked at her with a sad look as the thoughts began to run into her mind. This can't be happening right? The thing that she was afraid of, it's not happening, right?

Y/n stared at her cousin for a few seconds before bursting into a cry again.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, come here" Lily made her way to her and hugged and wrapped her in her embrace.  Tears were also started running down her eyes.

It was then the rest of their family went to greet her at the front door. Their heart too dropped as soon as they saw her crying. They tried to ask Lily what was going on by mouthing it but she just looked at them while crying too.