Chapter 37

•---------•❘༻

•---------•❘༻.✾.༺❘•---------•

"Do you want some apples? I can peel it for you" 

Y/n stood up from the chair next to Yeeun's bed while taking away her used plate on the table.

She decided to pay a visit to Yeeun today. Jay had excused himself to go to the restroom just now.

"I would love some" 

Yeeun smiled at her while nodding her head.

"Okay," she smiled back at her and began taking out the apples from the basket on the top of the table.

She took it and peeled it. After that, she put it on another clean plate before handing it to her.

"Thank you"

"Don't mention it" 

She smiled at her and Yeeun took some of the apple and ate it right away.

She began to sit back down on the chair near her bed. 

"How are you feeling lately by the way?"

"I think the pain in my head got a bit worse than before. Especially in the morning, the moment I wake up, it pains me so much in the head."

Yeeun is getting thinner as the day goes by. Her lips look so pale and she sometimes loses her appetite. Her sickness is non-cancerous and can be treated by surgery to remove the tumor. It's only been 5 months since she was diagnosed with it so there's still enough time to prevent the tumor from growing in her head.

Y/n let out a sad look as she looked at Yeeun. 

"Your health might get worse Yeeun. Why don't you just go with the surgery? It's better to remove the tumor now before it gets bigger"

Yeeun stopped her movement and put down a slice of bitten apple in her hands just now. She looked down at her plate before looking at Y/n.

"I'm scared Y/n. What if the surgery didn't go as well as we expected?"

She moved forward to her and touched her shoulder. 

"It will, you just have to believe it" 

"I can't. I'm scared."

"But Yeeun everyone is wishing you well. We hope you get better soon and we want you to undergo the surgery. The longer you try to avoid it, the bad you get" she worriedly said.

"I know." Yeeun then lowered her head and fidgeted her fingers. "I know I have been a burden lately to all of you. I'm sorry for causing that"

"No Yeeun. We all care for you. Your mom, dad, siblings, and I care for you. Jay cares for you. That is why we need you to accept with undergo the surgery" She looked at her with pleaded eyes.