Prologue

A lot can happen in a summer. Good things, bad things, surprising things and things that can pull the floor from under you. But through it all, if you have something worth fighting for, then it is all worth it.

Eleven years ago, when Chloe was interviewed for an in-house nanny position, she had no idea how much things would change. Not only did she had the opportunity to watch this little four-year-old grow up to become an amazing, beautiful, now, fifteen-year-old, but she also found the love of her live in her father.

Sure, last summer was one for the ages. Between finally being with the man she loved, having that relationship end and begin again, to an accident that almost took the one person they both loved more than anything, it's safe to say that they would never forget that year's summer.

And now, there she was. A year later, a new summer starting and a whole new world of possibilities. After what happened the year before, they were holding each other closer than before. But destiny has a way to throw a person onto unknown roads and it is our job to find our way home, either on our own or with a little help from friends and strangers alike.

Will this summer be filled with laugher and fun? Or will it be filled with pain and heartbreak? No one knows. All one can hope is that, by the end of it, we are still hole and not broken into a million little pieces.