Chapter 33 : The best is yet to come

When they returned to class, class had begun. All the students were sitting working, as if nothing had happened before they left. Only a puddle of nail polish and long strands of hair told Seokjin that he hadn't dreamed what had happened. Yoona was nowhere in sight.

Taehyung gestured for him to come sit next to him at the table he usually shared with Jimin. and Seokjin, taking a look at Jimin who made him understand that he didn't care about having his place taken, complied, letting him stare at his damaged face for a long time.

"Where is Yoona?" whispered Seokjin.

"She left; I didn't want you to see her anymore today anyway. Her face changed a bit while you were gone, it could have been scary for you."

Seokjin's face lost its color under his band-aids.

"What did you do to her?" he asked apprehensively.

"It's none of your business, now focus and study, I thought it was important to you?"

Seokjin realized that Taehyung was right and he hurriedly took out his things in order to attend the class. He intended to have a talk with Taehyung about Yoona as soon as he had the chance, but he soon forgot about the girl when he rediscovered the pleasure of studying without having to watch his back and be the target of everyone. Besides, next to him, even Taehyung was taking his class, which meant he wouldn't have to rewrite his class for him. Studying seemed suddenly so easy, so... normal!

Between two lessons, Jimin even put his math book down at him with a wink. Seokjin thanked him warmly with a sincere smile but, seeing that, Taehyung hurriedly grabbed the math textbook.

"Why is he giving it to you?"

"Because I asked him."

"And he accepted? With nothing in return?"

"No," Seokjin lied.

"I know Jimin and I know you, stop trying to lie."

"Fine, he asked me to be his friend."

"What?" Taehyung said, glancing at Jimin who seemed to be holding back laughter seeing the surprise on his face. "And you accepted?"

"No, I told him he had to become a good person first, like I said to you. I thought he would refuse but he accepted. I imagine he really wants us to be friends again too. You two look a lot alike," Seokjin pointed out. 

"Stop talking nonsense, we're not alike."

"Yes, you are." 

"No, we're not."

"Okay, but can I have my math textbook now?"

Taehyung glared at Jimin who was smiling at them from across the classroom, trying to figure out what he had in mind. But he remembered that from the moment they met, Jimin had been sincerely seduced by Seokjin's good nature and that it was only because he had ordered him that he had been so bad with Seokjin. Now he could pick up where he left off with Seokjin. And Seokjin being Seokjin, he had already given him a chance to be friends with him.

"No, you're going to give it back to him," Taehyung decided. "I'm going to buy you one and in the meantime, you can use mine," he said, pushing his book towards Seokjin.

"Why can't I have Jimin's?" 

"Because he's buying your friendship with this."

"But you're doing the same thing, since you want to buy me a book, right?" Seokjin said, frowning.

"Not at all since we are already friends," Taehyung replied.

"But-"

"No but, it's that or nothing, so go give the book back to Jimin."