Chapter 11: I'm allergic to you

"You should go home, your parents will get mad if you're not here to eat with them tonight, and instead you're here with me," Seokjin attempted.

"Pfff, that's a nonsense! They won't even notice that I'm not at home, my mom doesn't come out of her room anymore those days, even to eat, and my dad doesn't even wait for me to eat after night classes," Taehyung replied by forcing Seokin to push himself. "If they really want to look for me, your mom will tell them where I am."

Seokjin didn't reply but agreed to move carefully aside to make room for Taehyung, being careful not to fall because he still wasn't comfortable with this high bed, even though the mattress was really comfortable, he couldn't deny it. However, he chooses to face the window so as not to face Taehyung who was on the side of the door.

They hadn't faced for a long time because Seokjin was always content to present his back to him, which the other accepted without flinching, as long as he was able to grab him by the waist and cuddle him at night as he would have done with a stuffed animal or a pillow.

Which Seokjin obviously wasn't, but Taehyung sometimes seemed to forget that he too was a human being and didn't ask his opinion or his permission. However, Seokjin had never been able to stop him from doing so.

Even though out of habit, Seokjin didn't find it weird, he didn't appreciate it since Taehyung became tyrannical with him at school. Moreover, if it had been up to him, he would never have perpetuated for so long this practice to which Taehyung had been fiercely attached since childhood, even though they no longer had the same relationships than when they were children.

Indeed, they had been in bad terms for a long time already, when Taehyung had started to make his life in middle school a real nightmare.

This was the strangest thing in Seokjin's eyes: outside of class, at night, out of sight of others, Taehyung became a different person. If he was distant and frosty with Seokjin during the day, seeming to rejoice in letting others hurt him as if out of evil revenge, he was glued to him at night, never sleeping without him, sometimes allowing himself to converse as if nothing had happened when he had been obnoxious during all the day with him.

This sass, as Seokjin called it, he associated with Taehyung status as a wayward, spoiled wealthy heir who always got what he wanted and whose character and whims were as changeable as an autumn sky. Seokjin just wanted to stop talking to him and ignore him forever but Taehyung wouldn't allow it and always came back to him, forbidding Seokjin to ignore him, no matter how mean he had been to him in the same day, never even apologizing.

No matter how much Seokjin disagreed, Taehyung didn't care anyway, considering he had all the power over him even considering that the house Seokjin shared with his mother and grandfather was his too. Because of this, Seokjin could never escape Taehyung's imperious grasp, neither at school nor at home.

Even if the young footballer had accepted this by telling himself that he would soon be rid of Taehyung and the people he hated to see, escaping thanks to his future high school in boarding school, that night particularly, more than any other night, he would have preferred that Taehyung refrain from staying with him and leave him alone.

Indeed, the day had been much more difficult than usual for him and Taehyung, who had been very mean and had done everything to crack him up before the game and then made him angry when he woke up in a hospital bed, was the last person he wanted to be with at that moment, after his disastrous defeat, which he considered to be even more serious than his asthma attack.

For a moment, the two boys didn't speak and the room fell into a prolonged silence. But after a while, Taehyung heard sniffles and realized that Seokjin, even if he tried visibly but in vain to be discreet, had finally cracked. It was no wonder after nearly dying and even worse in his eyes than dying, after risking losing the possibility of realizing his dream.