Chapter 20 : The bad beginning - Memories (part 8)

"No way!" Taehyung exclaimed, "we're not in the same class, look, you're in 1-D class and I'm in A!"

Seokjin wasn't surprised, Mr. and Mrs. Kim probably had to get the two separated to allow Taehyung to get away from Seokjin. They found themselves with a sea of ​​over-excited, scared or just tired first-year middle school students trying to find out what class they were in so that they could go to join their ranks where their homeroom teacher would pick them up when the time came.

"It's okay Tae, it's a chance to meet new friends," Seokjin told him kindly, letting go of his hand that he was holding.

It was better if the other kids didn't see him holding Taehyung's hand at school. They weren't little kids anymore, they were entering middle school after all.

"But I don't want to," Taehyung complained, taking his hand back, "I just wanted to be friends with you and be in the same class as you! I will ask if I can change."

"I don't think that's a good idea," Seokjin protested sharply.

"Why, don't you want to be with me?" Taehyung pouted.

"Yes I want to, but it's not us who decide. Don't worry, we'll see each other during the breaks," Seokjin assured him as he again tried to let go of Taehyung's hand but this time it was the other one who held him tightly.

"Okay," Taehyung grumbled. Sighing in displeasure, he finally agreed to let go of Seokjin to allow him to join his class.

However, he didn't give up on the plan to ask his parents to change his class to be with Seokjin because he had imagined it and expected it so much that he was very disappointed now.

"See you later!" Seokjin told him, giving him a final wave before walking away to join the row of the class D.

Taehyung followed him with his eyes. The row was silent because each student seemed impressed by the place, so majestic compared to the primary school, and filled with anguish in front of this novelty which presented itself to them. But no sooner had Seokjin joined the rank of his class than he started talking animatedly with a boy from the back of the class, and soon other students were talking happily with him and shaking his hand as they introduced themselves one after another, all smiles.

Seokjin really had a gift for breaking the ice between people, his natural good nature made him particularly friendly and attracted others to him. Fear seemed to have left them all, and the 1-D class was soon the most animated of the four first-year classes, with the other classes looking curiously at this class that seemed to be the coolest.

Taehyung was also watching Seokjin from afar. It was the first time he saw him with other children than him and Namjoon and he was immediately jealous: it was with him that Seokjin was supposed to laugh and have fun at that time, not with the others. But he was also jealous of his sociable character which allowed him to become friends so quickly with people he didn't even know.

"Hey, Taehyung!" called a singsong and high-pitched voice that made him turn away from Seokjin.

"Oh, Jimin," Taehyung wondered, turning to the boy who was coming to meet him.

He knew Park Jimin for having seen him several times at his house lately because their fathers had become partners and invited each other and their families to the receptions they organized.

"I didn't know you would go to this school, you live quite far from here, don't you?" Taehyung asked.

"Yes, but I can't help it, my dad wanted me to go to the same school as you, and he told me to watch over you. I'm also in class 1-A, I guess our parents made sure we stayed together," Jimin said with a shrug, not very happy to have to get up earlier than necessary to go to a school too far from his home.