Chapter 10 : Don't steal my only happiness

Seokjin looked desperately at Taehyung and looking for a way to convince him to give him his letter back. Taehyung was a temperamental boy who thought his word was golden and unquestionable but he had to find a way to get him to reverse his decision at all costs.

Taehyung saw Seokjin's eyes suddenly light up, a sign that he had an idea and he rolled his eyes. There was definitely something different that day, Seokjin was too prone to protest and challenge his decisions. He had lost his usual submission, it was that high school response letter that had made him like this that morning, it was the only explanation.

"We will just have to make our two teams play again in a friendly rematch," Seokjin offered as a solution, "it will not take away their official title of winner that Choseon has just won but it will prove to everyone that if I had been able to play until the end, it's Gugbo that would have won for sure. If we replay the match, it is certain that I will win it, trust me!"

"No, you won't play against Choseon again," Taehyung replied.

"I haven't asked permission from the headteacher and the coach yet," Seokjin wondered.

"Yeah, well, I don't give that permission to you, like that, it's settled."

"What? But it's not you who decides, your not a teacher!" Seokjin protested.

Taehyung raised one eyebrow and frowned the other.

"Did you forget who I am? I'm Kim Taehyung, I do what I want and if you ask the coach to replay the game against Choseon, I will veto it, be sure of that."

"And why would you do that?! I want to play the game again and prove what I'm really capable of!" Seokjin said, outraged.

"Nobody cares Jin, everyone has already seen you lose."

"But I care, and I want to prove to you that I deserve my letter! By the way, without a return game, you can't really say that one team was stronger than the other or if it was just luck."

"You don't need to prove it to me, your team lost, so stop insisting, because you're only tiring me. You won't play against Jungkook again when he almost killed you today, it's my final decision."

Bewilderment flashed across Seokjin's face, with a hint of anger as after having already called Jungkook a crap before and now making him look like a murderer, Taehyung was starting to piss him off with wanting to make him hate Jungkook. He had always made sure Seokjin didn't have any friends in middle school but why did he also have to stop him from being friends with outsiders?

"Kill me?!" he repetead, the trembling voice of an incipient anger to which he was not accustomed. "Are you out of your mind? I had an asthma attack, how could that be Jungkook's fault?!"

"Oh, come on!" the other said, annoyed, "you don't know anything but football Jin, you are not good at all at figuring people out."

"Yes, you're probably right Taehyung," Seokjin replied bitterly, "because if I had been good at it, I wouldn't have become friends with you in the first place, it would have made my life much easier. Luckily, Jungkook doesn't look like you at all, no matter what you say about him with your malicious tongue!"

Taehyung's face hardened and Seokjin felt he made him very angry. Usually it would have worried him about the consequences but at that moment, he was himself too angry with Taehyung, so he wasn't going to apologize for that after what the other had said. Taehyung was the worst of all, he had made his life hell, he had ordered others to hurt him but he thought he was the best, he was exactly like his father.

At the foot of the bed, Taehyung seemed to be restraining himself from throwing himself on him to make him pay for what he had just said. Yet, with what seemed to be a superhuman effort for him, he managed to conquer his anger to avoid doing something he would have regretted later.