Chapter 31 : Justice or injustice ?

The next day, Taehyung allowed Seokjin to get back in the Kims' car to go to school, as he used to do. Arrived near the school, Seokjin said to him with an uncertain air:

"Maybe I should come down here, so we don't get seen together?"

"Don't talk nonsense, I want us to be seen together."

"Really? You are not ashamed of me?" Seokjin asked, unsure. 

"Of course not, what is this question?"

He had said that with obviousness but it didn't seem like an incongruous question from Seokjin's point of view. However, he gave up pointing it out, deeming it unnecessary, judging that the deep conversation they had had the day before t the hospital had come back enough to that. Instead, he clarified his question:

"Aren't you afraid of others saying bad things about you if they see you being friend with me?" 

"They would never dare," Taehyung said simply. "I'm not ashamed and even less afraid by anyone in this school, so stop."

"Okay," Seokjin said, admitting defeat.

When they arrived at their destination and got out of the car, Taehyung urged Seokjin to stay close to him like Namjoon had done with him when they were in first year to signify that Seokjin was under his protection. He observed with satisfaction the dumbfounded gaze of the other students. With a look, he challenged them to say anything inappropriate, which of course no one dared to do. 

Instead, some students who did not belong to their class reached out to Seokjin and asked in a friendly way how he had been since the previous day's game, with others even congratulating him on playing so well and for having fought to the end for the victory of their school. Dae-Ho even came to assure him that he didn't blame him for their team's defeat, but seeing the dark look Taehyung was giving him, he hastened to apologize towards Seokjin for having played so badly and for having caused the team to lose as it was all his fault. 

The world seemed to have turned completely upside down and it was dizzying for Seokjin who could only stammer words of thanks for everyone and hand out a few hesitant handshakes. 

"Wooow, what do I see?! I'm not dreaming, am I?!" Jimin exclaimed as he emerged from the car that had just dropped him off and hurriedly joined Taehyung and Seokjin. "So it's true what Taehyung told me, the war is finally over? It means that we can finally be friends, since time, isn't it beautiful, Seokjinniiiiie?!" he cooed with his singing voice.

He gave him an accolade but accustomed to being hit by him, Seokjin tensed which Jimin sensed.

"Oh you don't need to worry, I won't beat you up anymore. After all, there's no reason you and Taehyung are friends again, that means we're friends too, I like that! Besides he won't let me hurt you anymore, right?" he asked, questioning Taehyung with a look.

Taehyung nodded and Seokjin seemed relieved. He nevertheless waited politely for Jimin to remove his arm from his neck, because even if he had the unpleasant feeling of being caught in the deadly nets of a spider and wanted to run away; habits die hard. Thus, he was afraid of upsetting the one who had been his tormentor for too long, who had enjoyed calling him his punching bag and who would certainly not apologize for it.

Satisfied with how Seokjin was greeted, Taehyung walked to his classroom, leaving Jimin to drag Seokjin along with them without worrying about anyone, as if Jimin were now Seokjin's bodyguard. 

"I would like to go see Mr. Choi before going to class," Seokjin interjected to Taehyung. "I want to tell him that I've been accepted into Whimoon."

"Oh wow, you succeeded despite everything? That's impressive, congratulations!" Jimin said with a bright smile.