Chapter 22: Thunder rumbles - Memories (part 10)

When the Kim's car arrived at a packed school the next morning, since this time all the students were present - that meant several hundred teenagers and not just the first-year students - a small crowd gathered to see its occupants get out.

First, the very popular Kim Namjoon, second-year student, model and brilliant student, promised a future that has always been mapped out, the best catch that the girls of high society dreamed of conquering without anyone having succeeded yet, as he was fully focused on his studies and nothing else.

Then, his little brother, the explosive Kim Taehyung who had made a strong impression the day before and whom everyone was still talking about that morning, making his reputation travel to the ears of the oldest who were not present the day before and who wondered if they should fear and respect him even more than his older brother.

And finally, a boy with a frank smile whose first name was hard to remember for now but who also bore the name of Kim without anyone knowing if he was or was not a direct member of this prestigious family.

The sustained attention he received made Seokjin blush, and he quickly looked for Seung with his eyes so that he could flee and hide with him.

"Don't be embarrassed, you're a pretty boy Jinnie, you can proudly greet your admirers," Namjoon told him with a teasing wink, putting an arm around his neck and waving his admirers, over-excited girls who squealed in delight upon seeing Namjoon notice them and pay attention to them.

"Don't make fun of me," Seokjin said before realizing, " I feel like they're mostly looking at you."

He didn't know Namjoon outside of the house and hadn't imagined that so many people looked up to him. 

"Of course, they're looking at me, I'm not just handsome and smart, I'm the king of this school," Namjoon confided in satisfaction , glaring at Taehyung who gladly returned the glare. "Taehyung is going to want to take my crown, now that we're in the same school, but I won't let him. The only person I want to share my crown with is you Jinnie."

"Is that right, you're the king of middle school?!" Seokjin exclaimed in awe as he gave Namjoon his full attention, then sought confirmation in the loving eyes of the girls watching them.

Delighted to see Seokjin ignore Taehyung and above all, find again all the admiration he felt for him when they were children, Namjoon nodded:

"Of course, and that's why you have nothing to fear when you're with me, no one will ever dare to harm you. I hope it makes me super amazing too?" He said that in reference to how Seokjin told him about Seung. 

"Ooh yes, you are super amazing too!" Seokjin nodded enthusiastically, "maybe a little more but Seung mustn't hear me say that."

The two boys laughed at this light secret.

"Okay, are you done singing your praises, Namjoon?" Taehyung grumbled, visibly jealous that Seokjin and the other students didn't look at him with admiration like they looked at his brother.

"At least I have some praise for myself, which is not the case with someone who assaulted someone on his first day of school and is already feared and hated by everyone," Namjoon said.

Stunned, Taehyung shot Seokjin a hurt look, feeling betrayed.

"You told him?!"

"I didn't know I shouldn't tell him," Seokjin defended himself, still feeling guilty, "I just wanted to tell him about my friend Seung, that's it."

Hearing Seokjin's friend's name again pissed off Taehyung even more if it was possible, but he didn't have time to let him know.

"Rest assured that Jinnie will tell me absolutely everything, including if you hurt any of his friends and I will make you pay for it," Namjoon interjected in a threatening voice.