Later, they gave her stink eyes and left her alone in the living room. Although they weren't blatantly withdrawn, her parents were dubious about the fact that she had gone to great lengths to secure their approval for her choice of life partner.

Her older sister, Ruhanika, gave her a great deal of support and strength during the whole process. Her oldest sibling, Sameer, was uninvolved in the situation.

Her mother was content, but her father had some qualms. He navigated through every tab on his workstation to find the boy's parents, grandparents, hometown, and previous records for each individual family member.

He only agreed after being completely satisfied, reluctantly gazing at his younger daughter. He didn't want her to leave them so quickly.

Sitara's joy was uncontrollable that day. Her face was beaming, and she had radiant eyes. With all the smiles she had flashed that day, her lips couldn't get tired.

Today they are going to tie the knot.

With the assistance of a priest, their parents chose the dates for all of the functions in accordance with the auspicious time. Her wedding day and her exam schedule, however, coincided at the same time. And, regrettably, her last exam was on the day of her wedding.

Worried, she took a seat and considered the ensuing havoc she had unwittingly ignited. Armaan rendered her the confidence she needed to take her examinations. She considered herself fortunate to be married to someone so wonderful.

In the midst of all of this, her sister appeared like a god-sent angel, assisting her with all of the preparations, dresses, and practically everything else. Ruhanika forbade her from lifting a stone while she was studying.

One of her friends even made the joking statement that, "Kahi aisa na ho Tara, tu yaha kitabo me hi seer ghusa ke rakhe aur vaha teri jagah teri behen madap me phere le rahi ho."
(Lest this happen to you Tara, you keep your head buried in books here and instead of you, your sister is taking you marriage vows in your place.)

The girl was so audacious that she and some other girls next to her additionally laughed aloud. Sitara, however, didn't think it was a joke. She saw as Ruhanika's face lowered as she listened to the insulting words.

Sitara glared at the girl as she rose up. She was about to attack the other girl with her remarkable vocabulary when a hand grabbed her from behind.

It was Ruhanika.

She stopped Sitara shaking her head negatively. Considering that this was her younger one's wedding, she didn't want to cause a scene.

Sitara scrunched her nose in annoyance but nodded in agreement with what her sister intended at that moment. But it didn't mean she was letting go of the witch so easily. Ruhanika offered her a brief smile before leaving.

Sitara swung around. Her earlier genuine smile altered into a sickly sweet one as she sauntered over to the girl, whereupon she scooped up the glass container of leftover watercolor paint that Ruhanika had left behind after her painting session.

Before getting to that girl, she 'accidentally' tripped over the carpeting, causing the entire contents of the jug to fall on the lady in question. Sitara had covertly added the ice cubes set out on the table for their cold drinks, and the girl shrieked hysterically as she became aware of how cold the water was.

She held back a wide smile that was about to burst from her lips as she approached the girl, who had stopped grinning in favor of an anxious face as she stared at her nearly ruined dress.

Well deserved!

Sitara escorted her to the bathroom, handed her some stain-removing liquid, and asserted something to her.