Kiss me Just Because

Prompt: "Staring at each other's lips for a moment before moving closer, as if drawn together by some unseen force."

Pair: SmokerxReader
Relationship: secretly established, new.
Word count: 555

~*~

The night was barely lit with stars.

The deck of the G-5 squadron was surprisingly quiet. They had docked at a small island that day and the crew was surprisingly doing well under Tashigi's command. Soon they all came back drunk as skunks and ready for bed, poor Tashigi in tow trying to make sure her crew mates were at least sober enough to drink water and go to bed.

Two hours had passed since the crew left to their quarters before one of the women in the crew, (Y/N), was out on the deck and contemplating the sea of stars. Sighing blissfully to herself before she could smell the scent of smoke and rain in the air.

"You should be going to bed, Miss (L/N)"

"And you should be sleeping, White Chase."

"Sleep. Now."

The defiance on her nature made the night for Smoker a little more tolerable.

"Maybe I won't."

She almost let out a squeal when white haired man took her in his arms and spun her around. Gleefully drinking in her expression as he twirled and puffed out smoke, true to his name.

"When was the last time we had fun?" She mumbled, quieting the giggles that bubbled out. Smoker smirked and just held her close to him, giving her a private smile he reserved just for her.

"A long time."

He knew that dating within the ranks was strictly illegal. He outranked her by a lot and even if they didn't outrank each-other, they would be separated and dropped into different posts, barely able to see each-other again.

But to them, it was the thrill of this secrecy that spiced up their relationship.

It worked and that's what mattered.

For a moment the world stopped spinning for (Y/N), eyes focused on how his hair reminded her of starlight.

"What are we doing?"

"I don't know." The Vice-Admiral replied, bending down to her height as she went on her tippy toes a bit.

"This is dangerous. We're out in the open." She mumbled, feeling her blush warm against her skin as he gently tilted her head to kiss her forehead, slowly trailing his lips down to her cheek.

"I know. But I know you like a thrill." He mumbled, looking at her lips as both pushed against the other in a warm embrace.

Happy that their lips were finally touching after so long. It's been so long since they were alone. It felt like this relationship was newly born. The magnetism they felt for each-other was heavy as she clung to him and he pulled her closer. Mumbling sweet promises of times in hiding.

Whispering how they'd want to just forsake this torturous meeting and just be able to do this all the time, as often as they'd want. It took so much willpower to release one-another, the small sob that almost escaped her lips as he kissed her one more time and she pushed against him with much gusto until air was an issue.

"You need to go. I'll hang back a little and follow back." He whispered, earning a nod from the poor (Y/N) who was still reeling herself in from the sudden embrace.

"Yes, Vice-Admiral. I'll see you again in two weeks."

"Same spot?"

"Same spot."