Kiss my Head

Prompt: "A kiss pressed to the top of the head."

Pair: WirexReader
Relationship: not established but getting there.
Word count: 314

~*~

You almost fell asleep.

You were busy in the crows-nest, vigilantly watching over your sleeping crew-mates and the night crew. You had been up for the past 48 hours nonstop and the only thing that kept you going was coffee.

"(Y/N)?" You heard someone call out, poking their head up to see you tiredly leaning against your side and on the verge of falling asleep.

"Hmm?"

"Scoot over, I'm taking over your shift." You heard the normally reserved tall man speak, earning a grunt and scooted over to another corner.

It was Wire.

"Woman, how long have you been up here for?"

"This is my 48th hour."

48 hours!? He would need to see who gave the order.

"Hip told me that Kid wanted me up here..."

"Ah."

'Damnit, Hip!' He thought, he knew he shouldn't had told her about his infatuation with you.

"I think Hip played you so she could sleep. Sorry." He mumbled warning a tired groan from you.

"Fuckin' Hip." You squeaked, moving to be shoulder to shoulder with Wire as he took over your shift for you.

A few minutes passed and he felt like this was the perfect opportunity to tell you what he really felt and what he thought you two should talk about, if you accepted his feelings.

Only for the words to fall on his tongue as he heard the soft snores coming past your lips.

He let out a sigh he didn't know he was holding and smiled at the starry night.

"You pale the light of the stars and moon with your radiance, (Y/N)."

He whispered, shifting his body so that you were sleeping more comfortably against him and that he could keep watch. All while he pressed his lips against the top of your head and mumbled 'I won't let anything hurt you...come hell of high water.'