Don't touch my baby!

It was a moment of intense silence, until Naruto cheered, then Sakura, thinking that Zabuza has been defeated.

Zabuza started to chuckle, silencing the two genins. "You really don't get it, do you? Your technique is nothing his a crass imitation. I'll never be defeated by shinobis like you!"

"You'd already copied my Water Jutsu when you made your little speech. Very skillfully executed. Making those clones to draw my attention while you hid in the mist, waiting for me to make my move. Nice try."

Zabuza immediately appeared behind Kakashi. "But I'm not that easy to fool."

"Hey, that one was a clone too!" Naruto yelled.

Kakashi dodged Zabuza's sword by ducking. Zabuza stabs the sword into the ground and swing swings on the tip, using the boost to kick Kakashi in the air and into the water.

"Kakashi!" Y/n yelled.

Y/n charged after him, about to shut off all his chakra systems. Zabuza quickly noticed. 'A Hyūga? Tch.' Immediately realizing what she was going to do, he jumped into air, dodging the first palm, and tried to roundhouse- kick her. Y/n ducks, avoiding the kick. A metal rod shoots out from her palm which she uses and chucks it at Zabuza, who barely managed to dodge it.

Y/n jumped back to create some distance. Multiple metal rods then appeared around her and shot towards the assassin. Some of the rods managed to hit Zabuza. Seeing this, Y/n smirked but it quickly faltered as it was another one of Zabuza's water clones. She was kicked roughly into a tree. "Ugh!"

The Genins, who were still on the ground watching, stared in shock.

"Mom!" Naruto yelled out.

Y/n sat up. "I'm okay!"

Kakashi got up from the water. 'This isn't normal water...it's dense...Heavy.'

"Heh, fool. Water Prison Jutsu!"

Kakashi was suddenly trapped in a bubble of water, unable to breathe. Zabuza laughed. "This prison is made out of water, but it's stronger than steal. It's hard to fight when you can't move."

"So much for the great Kakashi." He mocked. "I'll finish you off later but first, your little friends will be eliminated."

Kakashi grunted, unable to move from his 'Prison'. 'He's even more skilled than I thought.'

Naruto was smacked away by one of Zabuza's clones. Kakashi yelled at the squad to run away with Tazuna but Sasuke wasn't having it. He knew that if they were to leave, Zabuza would  come back and finish them off. The team had no other choice but to fight..or die trying.

Now knowing what to do, Sasuke sprung into action. He ran, throwing shurikens at Zabuza, who blocked them with his sword. Sasuke jumped into the air, trying to attack from above but Zabuza saw through the attack and grabbed Sasuke by the neck and threw him harshly to the ground.

"Sasuke no!" Sakura wailed.

Naruto stared shocked which turned into horror as Zabuza stared him down. Naruto was about to run away until he saw the wound on his hand. He then remembered the made he declared earlier. And he vowed to keep that promise!

A black portal spawned in front on Naruto, confusing the assassin. Suddenly, a hand reached out of it and grabbed Zabuza by the neck, lifting him a little off  the ground.

"You know...I did underestimate you at first.. but now, it's time I stop holding back." Y/n fully stepped out, byakugan activated, and it looked like she had gotten...taller and her hair, longer.

She no longer had that calm, happy-go-lucky smile on her face. There in its place, was only the sinister stare of a monster. The Zabuza clone felt weakened. It felt like Y/n was absorbing his chakra! While still holding the clone in the air with her dominant hand, Y/n brings her other hand back, the tip of her sharp nails shine at it's ready to pierce through something.

Her smile grew wider as she prepared. She turned her head behind her as she heard shuffling and saw Naruto staring back at her, face full of concern.

Y/n suddenly stopped. 'Oh...I almost got carried away. Oops!'

Y/n tosses away the clone and goes back to her natural style. "I'm sorry, Naruto. I was about to steal your kill. Go on, I'll be right here if you need help!^^"

"...what?" Naruto mumbled. 'What was that? Her expression...I've never seen it before.. it was..terrifying..'

It was revealed that 10 years ago, in the Mist Village, there was a change in the graduation exam. The genin students at the time were tasked to kill each other. Only then we're they able to pass. Only one person came up on top. It's was none other than Zabuza Momochi himself.