Wanting To Join The Council

"Pleeeaaassseee!!! Let me join the council!!"

Y/n stared at the Hokage with puppy-dog eyes while Hiruzen looked confused.

"Eh? Why?"

"It's not hard for me to sense upcoming corruption coming from them." She leaned over the desk and whispered to him. "Also, no offense, but, since you're...y'know...old...I thought that you might need help considering how councils are. Be less stressful."

"....uh-huh.." 'I'm not that old..'

"It's not everyday that someone would actually want to join the council. However, it's not something I can automatically give you. You have to rank your way up there."

Y/n sulked. But Lord Third was right. She had to earn it.

"Okay. So what do I have to do?"

"That's simple. You find an occupation, become somewhat of a higher-up. Take Fugaku for example. He's captain of the Uchiha police force. Or perhaps, if you want to take the more easier route, just become a Jonin."

Y/n thought about it. A Jonin...hmm

"I'll think about it. Thanks for your time, Lord Third." Y/n speaks before approaching the door.

"I see. Take care then."

After exiting the office, Y/n walks down the hall in thought. Becoming a Jonin ninja. Y/n really wasn't interested in becoming one unlike Naruto. To be honest, she didn't know why she really wanted to be part of the council when she doesn't even know how the council of this village work.

But hey, she could always learn.

"Hmm. Maybe I'll talk about this with Mikoto someday. It's not like I'm a rush or anything."

"It's still later in the day so maybe I could pick up some stuff before getting Naruto."

A/n:
I needed to get these chapter out the way in order to get towards the more serious topics.

The next chapter will probably be longer.