Family Dinner

"Thank you for inviting us, Mikoto." Y/n greeted the woman.
Mikoto smiled, letting Y/n and Naruto in. They took their shoes off before entering.

"No problem! I'm glad that you were able to come." She said.

Mikoto then lead them towards the living room. The house was quite empty. "My husband is currently at work at the Uchiha police station. He'll be back soon as well as my oldest son, Itachi, as he's out on a mission."

"Wow, seems like your kids are already growing up! What about Sasuke?"

"He's sulking in his room right now." Y/n followed Mikoto to the kitchen. "He's bitter because he lost in a fight against a girl in his class." Mikoto giggled.

"Oh really..." Y/n and Naruto smirked at each other when Mikoto wasn't looking. "It's not that serious."

"That's what I keep telling him but he won't listen." Mikoto playfully rolled her eyes. "We're having steamed pork and rice for dinner. How does that sound? Oh- that is if you would like to stay for dinner.." she giggled.

"Sure! We don't mind. I'll help you cook." Y/n spoke. "Plus I believe this could be a chance for Naruto and Sasuke to get along...considering they're rivals."

"Rivals?"

"Yeah." Y/n sighed. "Naruto always talks about wanting to defeat Sasuke one day. It's hilarious sometimes."

"I'm still here ya know!!" Naruto yelled.

"Oops! Haha!"

The house door was heard opening followed by a kid's voice with a slightly deeper tone.

"I'm home."

"Oh! Itachi! Welcome back. We have guests here today. Come introduce yourself." Mikoto greeted him.

Y/n walked out the kitchen to see Mikoto's eldest son, Itachi.

Itachi gave a small smile. "Hello. My name is Itachi. Nice to meet you, miss."

"Why hello, Itachi! My name's Y/n! Nice to meet you too!"

Itachi then turned his attention to Naruto who held onto Y/n's dress. Itachi smiled and kneeled to the younger's height.

"What's your name?"

"Naruto.."

"Nice to meet you, Naruto. You're in the same class as my little brother, Sasuke. Are you two friends?"

"With that Teme?! Never in a million years! As if!"

"Oh dear.." Y/n sighed. Mikoto laughed as Itachi chuckled.

"Big brother!" One of the sliding doors to a room opened up to reveal Sasuke who ran towards Itachi.

"Welcome back, Itachi!"

"Hello, Sasuke." Itachi smiled.

"Sasuke, you and Itachi go get set up for dinner. Y/n is helping me cook." Mikoto says.

"Right! While we cook, Naruto, would you like to stay with Itachi and Sasuke?"

"No!"

"Why not?"

"I don't want to be with Teme!" Naruto complained. Y/n facepalmed. "Ugh...fine!"

"Would you like to help us cook then, Naruto?" Mikoto asked him.

"Really?! Yeah!"

"Okay, Come wash your hands and let's begin!"