chapter 104

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Jeremy stopped the car infront of a massively large building. It was dark gray in color and as tall as a skyscraper. It looked like it had so many floors. One could say nothing below 60.

Jeremy parked the car then got out quickly to open Elsa's door for her. Elsa got out nervously.

She kept feeling both scared and happy. She didn't understand why he was suddenly being nice to her and she felt it wasn't real.

She walked into the building holding her hard beating heart with Jeremy by her side.

Jeremy calmly led her inside.

A woman was seated at the reception, typing something while looking on her computer screen. When she noticed Jeremy, she got up from her seat and smiled warmly at him, saying, “Good morning, Mr. Callahan.”

Her eyes remained on him and she doesn't even acknowledge Elsa. She then straightened herself as if trying to look more presentable than she already is. She was dressed a grey skirt suit that looked pretty good on her. She came from behind her desk to meet Jeremy.

She greeted him, saying, “Mr. Callahan, good morning.”

And once again, she completely ignored Elsa as if she did not just seen her when she was literally inches away from Jeremy. No good morning for her.

Elsa would have said hi to her if she had at least glanced her way, but she was too busy smiling at her boss.

Jeremy, however, didn't even return the smile. He just looked at her with a stone face before holding Elsa's hand leading her towards his private elevator.

Well, that was funny.

Jeremy pressed a button and it looked like he was putting his fingerprint. And the elevator door opened withing seconds.

Wow! Elsa was amazed. Must be nice to have something like that.

He kept holding on Elsa's hand as they entered the elevator. He pressed the button to take them to the highest floor of the building which must be where his office is located.

The door closed, leaving just the two of them in the elevator as it ascended.   But unlike in the car, it felt a little nerving for Elsa. She felt nervous now.

Elsa was holding the breath the entire time not once looking at Jeremy or saying anything. He was also just looking ahead, quietly.

Elsa felt increasingly nervous.

And why was this ride to the highest floor taking so long?

She knew there were so many floors in the building and he was on the highest one, but still. It felt like it was taking forever for the elevator to finally get to the top.

Elsa looked up to see which floor they were in and son of a crap we were not even halfway up!

The elevator ride was way too quiet it was haunting.

Elsa prayed for the elevator to ding at least once to get some noise there. Because it was so silent, it was killing her.

‘Break this silence, please.’

They were standing next to each other. There was some distance between us but they were still quite close. And Elsa had to admit, he smelled nice.

Jeremy was still holding her hand and never let go throughout the ride. Elsa looked at their hands together and felt all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Elsa started stealing glances at him a few times in a way he doesn't notice. He had attractive features that just demanded attention. You cannot help but stare. If only his expression was friendlier and less intimidating, it would be easier to just look at him. For her, the fact that she was liking him was also making her shy around him.

She realized he barely smiled, too. He looked serious most of the time.

She tried to steal a glance for the third time only for his eyes and hers to meet. Her muscles tightened and she felt guilty because she just got caught.