26 - Weird Alliances And A Magic Word (Thomas)

In Thomas opinion, Mikaela's plan was simple, it consisted on asking Khione's help to enter the castle of the sorceress of eternal winter

Very simple, if only for one small detail.

"Noelle had her arrested in a cell, how do you think we're going to find her when we have a hard time to even get to the main courtyard of this giant fortress?" He asked as he followed the girl through the corridors of the North Star palace.

Alongside him, Daniel also decided to question the baseball player's plan.

"Let's say we find where the elves keep their prisoners, how are we going to get her out? It seems easier for someone to escape from Alcatraz than to escape a place that has a retired Valkyrie as a protector. Remember what she did to the giants of ice? I don't want to be on her bad side."

The memory of lightning falling from the sky and sending the frost giants on the run invaded Thomas's mind. The mere possibility of him becoming the target of a power like that made him swallow hard.

And even with all that power, she is not able to face the sorceress. Can we really defeat her?

Mikaela stopped walking and turned to talk to them, hands on her hips, nodding toward two elves approaching them.

"I'm sure finding out where Khione was taken will be the easiest part of the plan, watch and learn." She simply walked towards them and said, "Guys, Noelle asked us to keep an eye on the prisoner while she discusses our defense strategies with your king. Can you help us get to her cell? We were given instructions, but this place is huge and we got lost."

Thomas facepalmed himself in disbelief. Is this the master plan? Politely ask them to take us to Khione?

He was ready to laugh when the elves, without asking any questions, simply agreed and started to guide them through the corridors.

"There's no way this could have been so easy." He said, quickening his pace, so he wouldn't fall behind. He whispered, trying not to be heard by the two elves ahead. "Did these guys just believe you? Without any proof of what you told them?"

Mikaela smiled at him with a triumphant expression.

"Didn't you pay attention when Noelle said that this little guys are the purest representation of hope and that they classify all humans as 'bad kids' because they don't understand the world in shades of gray?" She whispered back.

"Well, yes, I heard that part. But what does that have to do with..."

"Thomas, elves don't see the world the way we do. If they see us as their allies, why would they think we would lie to them?"

"In short, we are inside the palace with the worst guards in the world." Daniel laughed softly and gestured with his hands to the elves, who continued to guide them without suspecting anything.